User with total points more than 30000?

• vivekjamshedpur (8/16/2013)

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/TotalScores.

The above link is not valid

How is it not valid, it is the link supplied at the bottom of every answer on QotD... I don't see the explanation link anywhere placed officially and so readily.

The official answer, currently and until it's fixed, is 30,000pts and you're an SSChampion.

• Hmmm, vivekjamshedpur has a good piont: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/TotalScores ,

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic935523-83-1.aspx both links show different point system!

• Gail, Jeff and Steve are all above 30,000 and all are listed as SSChampion. Koen just got his 10,000-th this past week.

If the list from the forum really are the levels in the table, there could be a bug in the software that isn't showing anyone as above SSChamption.

• Ed Wagner (8/16/2013)

Gail, Jeff and Steve are all above 30,000 and all are listed as SSChampion. Koen just got his 10,000-th this past week.

If the list from the forum really are the levels in the table, there could be a bug in the software that isn't showing anyone as above SSChamption.

1.GilaMonster 38687SSChampion

2.Jeff Moden 33532SSChampion

3.Steve Jones - SSC Editor 31828SSChampion

4.Lynn Pettis 21882 SSChampion

5.Ninja's_RGR'us 21376SSChampion

6.SQLRNNR 19059SSChampion

7.GSquared 15442SSChampion

8.Grant Fritchey 13526SSChampion

9.Lowell 12084SSChampion

10.Paul White 11028SSChampion

11.Jack Corbett 10623SSChampion

12.Koen Verbeeck 10030SSChampion

• Hmm, when I go to a fourm entry by Jeff Moden I get:

"

SSC-Dedicated

Group: General Forum Members

Last Login: Today @ 3:27:31 AM

"

• For GilaMonster:

"

SSC-Dedicated

Group: General Forum Members

Last Login: Today @ 12:34:41 PM

"

• I did the same. Found a post by Jeff and saw 33k points and "SSC Dedicated".

Easy question 🙂

• Ok, maybe off topic a little, and I am NO WHERE NEAR perfect either. But it seems to me that most of the QofD can be interrepted in different ways, different systems, questions and answers are really not thought out thoroughly....

Do we need a "Code Review" committee of some sort before a question is posted?

• Steve had once upon explained why the Total Scores page has not been updated with the new point system.

When looking at the rank of somebody as they post an answer, you will get the actual rank. So the answer provided by the question is correct.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Michael_Garrison (8/16/2013)

Ok, maybe off topic a little, and I am NO WHERE NEAR perfect either. But it seems to me that most of the QofD can be interrepted in different ways, different systems, questions and answers are really not thought out thoroughly....

Do we need a "Code Review" committee of some sort before a question is posted?

This has been mentioned/discussed on multiple occasions.

For this question though, it would have made no difference. The link provided in the answer is the official list as far as forum ranks go.

For some who submit questions, they will send it to a few people to have it reviewed before having it posted on SSC. This helps to vet the question a bit.

Learn Extended Events

• Must be true... "they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true" (State Farm commercial) 🙂

Client -- "Yes, that's what we asked for, but that's not what we wanted".

Have a most blessed, awesome, bodacious day!

• Koen Verbeeck (8/16/2013)

Apparently a bug in the total leader board not showing the correct levels above SSChampion.

If you go to the thread mentioned in the reference, you see the correct level with Steve, who is over 30000 points.

Well that sucks... I just figured a Champion was the top level... since that's what the leaderboard shows...

Defeated by a bug.... 🙁

--Mark Tassin
    MCITP - SQL Server DBA
    Proud member of the Anti-RBAR alliance.
    For help with Performance click this link[/url]
    For tips on how to post your problems[/url]

• bmitchell (8/16/2013)

Must be true... "they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true" (State Farm commercial) 🙂

Client -- "Yes, that's what we asked for, but that's not what we wanted".

Have a most blessed, awesome, bodacious day!

+1

Learn Extended Events

• +1 🙁

• mtassin (8/16/2013)

Koen Verbeeck (8/16/2013)

Apparently a bug in the total leader board not showing the correct levels above SSChampion.

If you go to the thread mentioned in the reference, you see the correct level with Steve, who is over 30000 points.

Well that sucks... I just figured a Champion was the top level... since that's what the leaderboard shows...

Defeated by a bug.... 🙁

+1

Everything is awesome!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply