User with total points more than 30000?

• L' Eomot Inversรฉ (8/16/2013)

DugyC (8/16/2013)

Regardless of what a single forum thread says, as of now there are 3 people with more than 30,000 points and they are all showing as SSCChampion. Therefore that is the correct answer, now, and until that bug/feature is corrected.

I don't care about my 2 points... but the internet is wrong!!!

:-P:-P:-P:-P

Just my tuppence (2 pence/points) worth... ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Ah, but far more pages show them as SSCDedicated - all the pages with any of their posts on (about 100000 between the three of them) as opposed to just the one leader-board page. :-D:-D:-D:-D

:w00t::hehe:

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Koen Verbeeck (8/16/2013)

Richard Warr (8/16/2013)

So, the people who based their answer on the documentation got it wrong, whilst those who used "real data" got it right.

Perhaps there's a lesson to be learned there.....

That's the real take-away from this question ๐Ÿ˜€

I read Steve's spec on the ranking too !

-------------------------------Posting Data Etiquette - Jeff Moden [/url]Smart way to ask a question
    There are naive questions, tedious questions, ill-phrased questions, questions put after inadequate self-criticism. But every question is a cry to understand (the world). There is no such thing as a dumb question. โ€• Carl Sagan
    I would never join a club that would allow me as a member - Groucho Marx

• This answer given as correct is absolute rubbish!

The reliability of SSC is slowly going down the pan.

KAS

You never know: reading my book: "All about your computer" might just tell you something you never knew!
    lulu.com/kaspencer

• I just looked at http://www.sqlservercentral.com/TotalScores and it shows that the 30,000+ are SSChampion, hence my (incorrect) answer ๐Ÿ™

Urbis, an urban transformation company

• I also got it wrong because I looked at the Total Points standings, where anyone above 10,000 points is listed as SSChampion. To me, this isn't a big deal, but it seems to me that there should be a better way to understand the scores than "knowing" to look this up in a blog.

For those who have been around a while, this is a relatively easy answer as you've already done this, so you know where to look. But to people newer to the site this is not at all clear (i.e. why is it in a blog vs. article vs. editorial, or somewhere else?)

Further, a) you have to know what to look up to find the answer ("scores", "points", and "levels" is too ambiguous), and b) the post is from 2010, leaving the question as to whether or not this is still accurate information today.

Personally, I chalk this one up to missing documentation. Why not just add a link to the blog on the Total Points page if that is, indeed, the correct answer?

Humbly,

Grasshopper

• +1 Learned something new today. The leaderbord has a bug, is that the reason why I am not at the top? ๐Ÿ˜€

/Hรฅkan Winther
    MCITP:Database Developer 2008
    MCTS: SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance
    MCSE: Data Platform

• hakan.winther (8/20/2013)

+1 Learned something new today. The leaderbord has a bug, is that the reason why I am not at the top? ๐Ÿ˜€

That must be it ๐Ÿ˜€

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

+1 Learned something new today. The leaderbord has a bug, is that the reason why I am not at the top? ๐Ÿ˜€

I doubt it; probably the reason is that Gail has more than 16 times as many points as you. ๐Ÿ˜€

Tom

• L' Eomot Inversรฉ (8/20/2013)

hakan.winther (8/20/2013)

I doubt it; probably the reason is that Gail has more than 16 times as many points as you. ๐Ÿ˜€

You think that? ARE you sure? It has to be a bug! ๐Ÿ˜€

/Hรฅkan Winther
    MCITP:Database Developer 2008
    MCTS: SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance
    MCSE: Data Platform

• Poor question, worse answer, total rip off and seriously not funny! ๐Ÿ™‚

M

Not all gray hairs are Dinosaurs!

L' Eomot Inversรฉ (8/20/2013)

hakan.winther (8/20/2013)

You think that? ARE you sure? It has to be a bug! ๐Ÿ˜€

Of course there's a bug. It has me at position 16 instead of position 5 (after Gail, Jeff, Steve, and you; in that order of course - you have clearly misunderstood the bug!). :-D:w00t:

Where's the insanity icon gone? :crazy: just doesn't work. :hehe:

Tom

• L' Eomot Inversรฉ (8/21/2013)

Where's the insanity icon gone? :crazy: just doesn't work. :hehe:

If not enough icons, use emoticons ;o}

See, understand, learn, try, use efficient
    ยฉ Dr.Plch

• The question says it's category as humor but there was nothing funny about it. On the other hand, I can't stop laughing while going through all the comments. ๐Ÿ™‚

Was that part (comments) of the question, author of this quesiton wanted to reach ??? ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Love you all guys for making my day. I'll be laughing all day thinking of few comments... ๐Ÿ˜€

• L' Eomot Inversรฉ (8/21/2013)

Of course there's a bug. It has me at position 16 instead of position 5 (after Gail, Jeff, Steve, and you; in that order of course - you have clearly misunderstood the bug!). :-D:w00t:

Ahem, I'm pretty sure you mean position 6 ๐Ÿ˜›

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Hugo Kornelis (8/16/2013)

So, can someone here tell me what exactly the point (pun not intended) of this question is supposed to be?

Snarky comments? :w00t::-P;-):cool::hehe:

Excuses for emoticons? :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply