Transaction Trio

• Thanks for the Monday question. I was happy to begin the week with a question that didn't start with "When can normalising ...". 🙂

As for "Jeff.MSSqlSage", well, then let's see some more questions.

[font="Verdana"]Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.[/font]
    Connect to me on LinkedIn

• Thomas Abraham (8/26/2013)

Thanks for the Monday question. I was happy to begin the week with a question that didn't start with "When can normalising ...". 🙂

When can normalising not be considered normalising, but still be normalising ?

• Jeff.MSSqlSage (8/26/2013)

Thomas Abraham (8/26/2013)

Thanks for the Monday question. I was happy to begin the week with a question that didn't start with "When can normalising ...". 🙂

If one of the answers contains "L' Eomot Inversé", I'll pick that one. 😉

[font="Verdana"]Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.[/font]
    Connect to me on LinkedIn

• Thomas Abraham (8/26/2013)

Jeff.MSSqlSage (8/26/2013)

Thomas Abraham (8/26/2013)

If one of the answers contains "L' Eomot Inversé", I'll pick that one. 😉

Then I could catch you out easily, by changing my handle. :hehe:

Tom

• Nice easy Monday question. Why I have yet to convert code to use table variables.

• Thankfully I don't use enough table variables to have ever run into this scenario. Good information to know. Thanks for the question!

• L' Eomot Inversé (8/26/2013)

Good question, and really terrific reference. That page should debunk many widely believed myths and isn't propagating any, which is quite unusual for a page that talks about the differences between temp tables and table variables.

+1

• Nice question thanks

• Really terrific question. Thumbs up. 🙂

• Table variable will not affected by ROLLBACK cmd...........

• Good question, and even better reference. Thanx!

• 2 easy points.

guessed well as I know why, but you should definitively never award two points or more when it's so easy to copy / paste question in SSMS

• Great to learn new things! Wish I'd had this question a few years ago... might have made logging those failed transactions easier!

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply