Status Update 19 Jun 2019

• My apologies. I have completely slacked off here, but since the 17th of May, I've had 3 trips and 8 events to attend with prep for the site and events, including 3 weeks out of the country. I've been hoping that the site would work and someone kept an eye on things.

Lots of work done, though a few resources lost in the meantime to other, more high priority Redgate projects. We had some security review items with patch work as well as some changes that need to take place in other sites. As a result, I've been down to 1-2 resources most days. That's fine as most big things were fixed, as I've kept a slight eye on work.

Some of the fixes in the last month:

• Seach  enhanced and Google search integration in beta (internal) testing
    • Forum clicking links fixed
    • SPAM reporting should be there
    • Some blog feeds are fixed.
    • QotD filtering
    • Some code styling improved, but not perfect. Looking at a new plugin as this one has limits
    • Email formatting changes
    • menu fixed for mobile (not disappearing)
    • Scaling display work
    • Admin work for DBW
    • blog images missing (fixed)
    • bump forum posts with no replies
    • redirect authors
    • minor admin fixes that make me crazy
    • author notifications improved
    • QotD needs answer checked (I've blown this a few times)

Status

Frontend Priority - 3 todo, 3 in progress (search and past images and code styling)

Frontend Backlog - 13 todo, 2 in progress (newsletter archive and pasting images)

Perf and infrastructure - 24 todo, 1 in progress( script mapping)

Admin priority - 5 todo, none in progress 🙁

Admin backlog - 0

• Thanks for the update, Steve.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• I missed it somewhere but the posting times got fixed at some point, they seem to be based on the client timezone now. Thanks!

Sue

• Sue_H wrote:

I missed it somewhere but the posting times got fixed at some point, they seem to be based on the client timezone now. Thanks! Sue

Oh you're right, Sue! That's a great, and very welcome fix.

One note on the "bump forum posts with no replies" feature (which I actually think is a really good idea), is to make it ignore certain forums. The discussion on my article got bumped the other day, and I suspect others will "benefit" from the feature too. I wouldn't say that those topics need a bump, as it might just be as simple that the article doesn't need one, or it didn't engage enough people to get one.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Thom A wrote:

One note on the "bump forum posts with no replies" feature (which I actually think is a really good idea), is to make it ignore certain forums. The discussion on my article got bumped the other day, and I suspect others will "benefit" from the feature too. I wouldn't say that those topics need a bump, as it might just be as simple that the article doesn't need one, or it didn't engage enough people to get one.

I agree. It just seems you'd only want to bump forum posts, not discussions on articles but that may just be me. I always remember bumping starting from newsgroup posts not having any answers. So seeing those related to article discussions just seems weird to me.

Sue

• Excluding article forums is probably a good idea. I'll submit that as a bug.

The user time thing was welcome, since I was in Australia, times looked really strange to me. Actually, they look funny now. I think my client cookie must still be in ANZ.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply