SSRS need to take dashes from a string

• Hello

I'm newby in SSRS and I am trying to take the dashes from this field in the tablix 100-25-235 so I am trying to use Expression and I used the LTRIM(Fields!xxxxx.value) but no luck I know I'm missing something

Please help

• Use REPLACE()

• marin88321 - Monday, July 23, 2018 8:50 PM

Hello

I'm newby in SSRS and I am trying to take the dashes from this field in the tablix 100-25-235 so I am trying to use Expression and I used the LTRIM(Fields!xxxxx.value) but no luck I know I'm missing something

Please help

Just some advice to any and all newbies... when you're trying to learn something new and you've gotten done with the proverbial "Hello World" examples, the very next thing you should do is spend a week or two studying and playing with the intrinsic functions and operators of whatever language you're using.  The first week should be "by the book learning" and the second week should be done doing Google searches on special ways to use those functions and operators for things they weren't specifically designed for and there will be no similar examples "in the book".

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Hard to argue with Jeff's advice.  Maybe spend a week on just text functions and do a whole lot of them. Start easy and then make them more complex as you master a bit. If you do that, learning all the various functions available in T-SQL (and then maybe their .NET or whatever equivalents in SSRS), your life will be infinitely easier.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply