SSRS Data-driven subscription errors

• There are lots of SSRS Data-driven subscription which regularly fail with different amount of errors showing each day for the same subscription.

For one subscription, its should produce 382 files, 43 errored today, and 63 errors day before. The only way to get 100% success is to keep manually executing until all the files are on the network.

Looking at the RS log files, errors are recorded and generally say "An error occurred within the report server database. This may be due to a connection failure, timeout or low disk condition within the database.;"

It's not low disk, I'm suspecting connection failure - I've attached a sample of the log file - are there any clues in there to why it fails.

Anything else to check for?

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • I don't work with SSRS but... this is no different than any other process... If you suspect bad connections (and it does look like that), then you need to rework your stuff to retry for each file if there's a failure.

Actually, that type of checking should be built into any process where guaranteed output is required.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• I was manually re-entering subscriptions in SSRS after migrating to a new database and was stuck getting the same error. 'An error occurred within the report server database. This may be due to a connection failure, timeout or low disk condition within the database.'  My solution was to grant  Server role: sysadmin to Login SQLServerReport. Worked like a charm.

Jim Patt

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply