ssis and ssrs interview questions

• Can we 'do a Wikipedia' on this thread and block it? Permanently.:hehe:

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Phil Parkin (1/18/2012)

Can we 'do a Wikipedia' on this thread and block it? Permanently.:hehe:

Actually I've found the thread pretty entertaining 😀

And Wikipedia's "block" appears to be the equivalent of a hand-written sign hanging on an open door saying "We're Closed, honest." :hehe:

• Gazareth (1/18/2012)

And Wikipedia's "block" appears to be the equivalent of a hand-written sign hanging on an open door saying "We're Closed, honest." :hehe:

Intentionally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:SOPA_initiative/Learn_more

Is it still possible to access Wikipedia in any way?

Yes. During the blackout, Wikipedia is accessible on mobile devices and smart phones. You can also view Wikipedia normally by disabling JavaScript in your browser, as explained on this Technical FAQ page. Our purpose here isn't to make it completely impossible for people to read Wikipedia, and it's okay for you to circumvent the blackout. We just want to make sure you see our message.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (1/18/2012)

Gazareth (1/18/2012)

Intentionally.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:SOPA_initiative/Learn_more

Is it still possible to access Wikipedia in any way?

Yes. During the blackout, Wikipedia is accessible on mobile devices and smart phones. You can also view Wikipedia normally by disabling JavaScript in your browser, as explained on this Technical FAQ page. Our purpose here isn't to make it completely impossible for people to read Wikipedia, and it's okay for you to circumvent the blackout. We just want to make sure you see our message.

It's even easier than that - at least in Firefox. When the 'proper' Wikipedia page initially displays, before the redirect, hit Esc and no redirect will happen. No need to disable JS.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• Hi,

I do not agreed with you. Any way, your points of view make me thinking about some thing for my project.

Pls try to keep posting. Tks and best regards

• quynh012012 (2/5/2012)

Hi,

I do not agreed with you. Any way, your points of view make me thinking about some thing for my project.

So...you have made three posts to SSC.

2 are identical...which state that you dont agree with something,

the other responds to and quotes one of your previous posts 😉

Have you got a question ??

• quynh012012 (1/6/2012)

quynh012012 (1/3/2012)

Hi,

Please visit following link to refer many useful information: [/url]

BWAAA-HAAAA!!! I have to ask... what do "training analyst" interview questions have to do with SSRS or SSIS? 😀 And what is this "project" you're so interested in or is that a secret?

Last but not least, what exactly is it that don't you agree with?

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jeff Moden (2/5/2012)

quynh012012 (1/6/2012)

quynh012012 (1/3/2012)

Hi,

BWAAA-HAAAA!!! I have to ask... what do "training analyst" interview questions have to do with SSRS or SSIS? 😀 And what is this "project" you're so interested in or is that a secret?

It is a pretty lousy attempt to spamming if half of the post don't even contain the link. 🙂

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Jeff Moden (2/5/2012)

quynh012012 (1/6/2012)

quynh012012 (1/3/2012)

Hi,

Excellent. I thought it probably wasn't :just me: that was confounded by "I don't agree, reminds me of something for my project, please try to keep posting..."

???

I try to keep from posting "Um, WHAT?!?!" so will maybe take a closer gander at those training analyst questions to see if I can position myself to perform a learning intervention.

yeah, just a peek at the link and I got that gem! Maybe not this week, maybe not next week, but at some point, yessiree, I'm gonna bring on a big ole learning intervention...

keep the thread alive, it IS entertaining. Any grown up can sit in an interview and tell the truth. It takes a real fake to memorize Q&A for regurgitation so let em. Only makes those with real skills more valuable.

• herladygeekedness (2/6/2012)

keep the thread alive, it IS entertaining. Any grown up can sit in an interview and tell the truth. It takes a real fake to memorize Q&A for regurgitation so let em. Only makes those with real skills more valuable.

You're absolutely correct. Thanks for the wakeup call. 😀 I've wasted a huge amount of timeover the years trying to get people to help themselves by doing it all "the right way" and trying to make them understand that a lot of the answers on "interview questions and answers" posts and blogs usually contain many down-right wrong answers. Maybe it's time to just let those folks learn the hard way.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• I do think it's better for the industry in general to let the "me, too, I wanna be in IT and make big money" crowd washout. It's not worth your time and effort because they aren't gonna change.

Those with true interest, enthusiasm, talent, etc., for this kind of work likely aren't the ones seeking the spoon-feeding. I paid my dues long before Google had an answer for every problem.

Why, we may just cause a needed Learning Intervention! AND, we may be contributing to the economic recovery by presenting opportunities to training analysts everywhere!!

• Thank you Vishal

Viewing 14 posts - 151 through 163 (of 163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply