ssis and ssrs interview questions

• 1. About previou project

2. What kind of activities did u do as a DBA?

3. How do you do error handling in SSIS?

4. How do you do trouble shooting in case of change of request in SSIS?

5. How do you decide to go for either start schema or Snow flake schema?

6. Give a scenario where in you have designed a warehouse database for a existing OLTP database

7. what are slowly changing dimensions and explain a scenario where u have implemented?

8. Give a scenario where u have written a complex MDX

9. Give a scenario where u were involved in discussions with customer as a BA

10. How will you handle a SSIS ETL requirement and how will you give the tasks to your team members

11. What is data staging and validation?

• Thanks a lot mate i appreciate your help .. i heard that the Appdev training videos are very helpful, where can i download them, can you suggest me whats better?

• Thanks a lot mate!

• Pleasehelpme posted a question earlier " Can you rollback a transaction? If yes, give step by step process.

Can you please give the answer to this?

• Read thoroughly the Books Online and gather as much information on all the topics by reading Various Blog's and increase your knowledge, and then put in into practise. That is how you can crack and become a real Pro.

No matter how much you mug up these Q and A, a slight deviation to the topic by the Interviewer in the Interview, you are caught.

Bru Medishetty

Blog -- LearnSQLWithBru

Join on Facebook Page Facebook.comLearnSQLWithBru

Twitter -- BruMedishetty

• Hi Here are more in depth interview questions for SSIS / SSRS which I have faced recently

SSIS

1. What is difference between merge and merge join

2. Which native transformation dose not have error flow redirection.

3. How one can handle transactions in ssis

4. What are pre requisites for handling transactions in SSIS.

5. What is difference between execute SQL task and OLE DB command

6. What is relevance of ? while configuring OLE DB transformation.

7. What is use of multicast

SSRS

How to configure SSRS default report directory

Explain Drill down and drill thru report

Use of Switch and IIF functions

• I am not the first and probably wont be the last to say this.

Memorising so-called interview questions is not a good idea, could you actually explain how you came to that answer if the interviewer asked you how you worked out the answer.

It is not a good way to gain knowledge, stick with BOL and articles, blogs on the net.

There is nothing worse than answering every interview question correctly and then failing to handle any issues that come up later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [highlight]Recommended Articles on How to help us help you and[/highlight]
    [highlight]solve commonly asked questions[/highlight]

Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help by Jeff Moden[/url]
    Managing Transaction Logs by Gail Shaw[/url]
    How to post Performance problems by Gail Shaw[/url]
    Help, my database is corrupt. Now what? by Gail Shaw[/url]

• Thanks a lot. Preparing for SSIS Cerification Could anyone provide the training notes.

• Thanks Vishal.

• Hi,

Do you have the answers for these. Also how is the performance of Merge and Merge Join on large datasets.

Thank you

• Hi Vishal,

It would be really helpful if you could post some ssrs interview questions too..I need them a bit urgently...Please do help me out.Incase if you could suggest me some website to prepare for ssrs interview plz do guide me....

Thanks

• Once more with feeling....

Memorising interview questions is not the way to prepare for an interview. A competent interviewer can tell someone who knows the material from someone who's memorised answers but doesn't understand the material.

Know what you know, don't exaggerate your abilities and don't be afraid to say "I don't know" (but have a plan for how to find out)

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • gilamonster,

it's not your business how people like to answer the questions in the interview. Stop whining ok, you are annoying.

• pleasehelpme (11/2/2009)

gilamonster,

it's not your business how people like to answer the questions in the interview. Stop whining ok, you are annoying.

Actually, what is annoying is people asking for answers to possible interview questions. The best answer, if you don't know, is "I'm sorry, but I don't know; but I do know where to look and here are the steps I'd take to answer this question ..." Memorizing possible answers does NO ONE any good.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 163 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply