SQL Server Agent job information

• Ninja's_RGR'us (7/27/2011)

Koen Verbeeck (7/27/2011)

Kiara (7/27/2011)

Koen Verbeeck (7/27/2011)

Okidoki, I'll change the sentence to:

For the moment, approximately 10% of the answerers should be smarter now 🙂

Ah, but you are leaving out the unknown percentage of people who didn't know the answer, had to look it up, found the answer easily, and then answered correctly. 🙂

That is why I edited my sentence and added approximately 🙂

SET DEBATE = ON 😀

Well, I suppose we *could*, if you really wanted us to, but I don't have a side to argue, unless we want to arbitrarily assign them...

After all, I made an observation, Koen acknowledged it, and we moved on... 😀

-Ki

• Nice easy question right before my Vaca! Thank you!

Nice to see the high % of correct answers also.

• 5 pages of discussion for a question like this? Seriously? I think we are getting carried away now.

• jeff.mason (7/27/2011)

5 pages of discussion for a question like this? Seriously? I think we are getting carried away now.

So why do you insist on compounding the problem? 😉

jeff.mason (7/27/2011)

5 pages of discussion for a question like this? Seriously? I think we are getting carried away now.

Exasperation. At least I am not debating whether the question is good or what the question is for.

• jeff.mason (7/27/2011)

Ninja's_RGR'us (7/27/2011)

jeff.mason (7/27/2011)

Exasperation. At least I am not debating whether the question is good or what the question is for.

So just plain bored and waiting for the clock to hit 5 PM? :hehe:

• Easy one 🙂

Amol Naik

jeff.mason (7/27/2011)

jeff.mason (7/27/2011)

I only get 2 pages of this banter...;-)

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• jason.stephens (7/27/2011)

People of all skill levels visit this site. So, an easy question for one person might not be for some others. That one was easy for me but what about someone just getting started in SQL or perhaps an Oracle guru that just inherited a Microsoft SQL Server. Besides, I needed the points! I was starting to feel pretty stupid on SQL after getting so many wrong. I learn from lots of these questions but reaffirming things always helps me. 🙂

I am one of the person that did not know the answer until I searched for the answer... and for your information, I did not even know what SQL Server Agent was before :alien:

You are lucky people with good brain... I am smart, but not as 'brained' as you guys. So take the points and let it be. I love having points too, you know! :w00t:

Thanks for the question. I have learned again...

• Thanks for the easy question!

• tilew-948340 (7/27/2011)

You are lucky people with good brain... I am smart, but not as 'brained' as you guys. So take the points and let it be. I love having points too, you know! :w00t:

It has NOTHING to do with luck. Invest 30 000 hours learning this stuff, participate in 10 - 20K questions about the product and you'll know close to as much as we do.

Oh ya, and read 10 books a year!

And get certified.

And work 3K hours / year.

Still want to be like us??

jeff.mason (7/27/2011)

jeff.mason (7/27/2011)

Not bored, but was indeed waiting for 5. It was one of those days.

• jeff.mason (7/28/2011)

Not bored, but was indeed waiting for 5. It was one of those days.

My telepathy is fianlly kicking in ;-).

• Ninja's_RGR'us (7/28/2011)]

tilew-948340 (7/27/2011)

It has NOTHING to do with luck. Invest 30 000 hours learning this stuff, participate in 10 - 20K questions about the product and you'll know close to as much as we do.

Oh ya, and read 10 books a year!

And get certified.

And work 3K hours / year.

Still want to be like us??

There is many way to look at it and yes, I would love to be like you.

Nothing's perfect.

So, having the luck to be able to study something you like, having the luck to have the brain so you could be very good at it and having the luck to get a job you like... well... this is not a job, it's a hobby that you are being paied for it... and that, that's almost perfect... 😉

But I agree, I should put more effort in it...

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 58 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply