SQL Server Agent job information

• does this depend on NUMA or whether or not my boot sector is on ISCSI or RAID3892?

thanks for an easy one... at least this morning I didn't have to try to read a white paper to understand it 🙂

--Mark Tassin
    MCITP - SQL Server DBA
    Proud member of the Anti-RBAR alliance.
    For help with Performance click this link[/url]
    For tips on how to post your problems[/url]

• cengland0 (7/27/2011)

Ninja's_RGR'us (7/27/2011)

My apologies if I don't like super easy question ;-).

There's a difference between a hard question and a tricky one that is attempting to have as many people as possible fail due to some intentional sneaky wording. You know the author of the question is being tricky/sneaky if the majority of the people get the question wrong (especially if people are looking up the answers before answering them) and Steve has to grant points back.

Happens for had questions too.

Steve didn't have to awards points back NOR change the question.

Tricky is always wha tgets you in real life. If you can't deal with it, you got a real problem in your hands.

I'm out, this is getting way past pointless.

• Ninja's_RGR'us (7/27/2011)

Steve didn't have to awards points back NOR change the question.

I'm out, this is getting way past pointless.

He didn't have to but he did. On page 19 of the discussion:

Steve Jones - SSC Editor (7/25/2011)

I have awarded back all points to date for this.

I have also reworded the question to note that one batch is needed.

Notice that he said he reworded it too.

• cengland0 (7/27/2011)

There's a difference between a hard question and a tricky one that is attempting to have as many people as possible fail due to some intentional sneaky wording. You know the author of the question is being tricky/sneaky if the majority of the people get the question wrong (especially if people are looking up the answers before answering them) and Steve has to grant points back.

In my case the recent QOD on Precedence (published 7/25/2011) had a typing error which unfortunately was not caught until after the question was published.

[Rant]

Now for your assertion that I was being tricky/sneaky based on

You know the author of the question is being tricky/sneaky if the majority of the people get the question wrong

is insulting. I think, you owe all those who made similar errors an apology for slurring their reputations.[/Rant]

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• bitbucket-25253 (7/27/2011)

cengland0 (7/27/2011)

In my case the recent QOD on Precedence (published 7/25/2011) had a typing error which unfortunately was not caught until after the question was published.

[Rant]

You know the author of the question is being tricky/sneaky if the majority of the people get the question wrong

is insulting. I think, you owe all those who made similar errors an apology for slurring their reputations.[/Rant]

Why do you think I'm out of here. Nothing to discuss, nothing of value can come out of it. Too bad he can't realize that the world is not out there to get him. Might change is reality is a really good way.

• bitbucket-25253 (7/27/2011)

[Rant]

Sorry, I was talking about a different QOTD, the one regarding the Case statement that had nothing to do with the case statement. It had to do with an extra UNION ALL, oh wait, not even that. It had to do with the interpretation of the word RETURNED versus AFFECTED in the question.

Your question regarding Precedence was a good one and most of the people got it right (85%). The typo made in that question made it even more obvious the answer was No regardless of Precedence.

• cengland0 (7/27/2011)

bitbucket-25253 (7/27/2011)

[Rant]

Sorry, I was talking about a different QOTD, the one regarding the Case statement that had nothing to do with the case statement. It had to do with an extra UNION ALL, oh wait, not even that. It had to do with the interpretation of the word RETURNED versus AFFECTED in the question.

Your question regarding Precedence was a good one and most of the people got it right (85%). The typo made in that question made it even more obvious the answer was No regardless of Precedence.

Ya that makes you statement much less insulting... It's al better now, go back to work / home. Whatever.

• stewartc-708166 (7/27/2011)

Quick and easy for a Wednesday morning.

and I haven't even had my morning coffee yet...

Judging from some of the sarcastic back&forth in the, so far, four pages of "discussion," not to mention the quantity of responses, seems like some listmembers have had way too much coffee :hehe:....

• Michael Poppers (7/27/2011)

stewartc-708166 (7/27/2011)

Quick and easy for a Wednesday morning.

and I haven't even had my morning coffee yet...

Judging from some of the sarcastic back&forth in the, so far, four pages of "discussion," not to mention the quantity of responses, seems like some listmembers have had way too much coffee :hehe:....

That's nothing. Try 20 pages from my last question : http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic1144668-1198-1.aspx

• Ninja's_RGR'us (7/27/2011)

My test is my job. This site is for learning...

Yes! I try to learn a little more every day -- and very often this site guides me towards topics I'd never otherwise investigate. (Even if topics never end up on 'my test'... it's better to have been exposed to a topic and never _need_ to know it.)

• I like questions that push my knowlege and have something to teach. However I also appreciate simple, straight forward questions. Even though to many of us this was an easy question, it wouldn't of been when I first started out. I've seen this question a lot in forums so I feel it is a very relavant question.

Thanks for the question!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Use Full Links:
    KB Article from Microsoft on how to ask a question on a Forum

• Trey Staker (7/27/2011)

I like questions that push my knowlege and have something to teach. However I also appreciate simple, straight forward questions. Even though to many of us this was an easy question, it wouldn't of been when I first started out. I've seen this question a lot in forums so I feel it is a very relavant question.

Thanks for the question!

Maybe she should have parallel questions. 1 series for level 100-200. And another for 300+.

• Why is tempdb not correct?

:Whistling:

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (7/27/2011)

Why is tempdb not correct?:Whistling:

That is a joke, right?

• cengland0 (7/27/2011)

SQLRNNR (7/27/2011)

Why is tempdb not correct?:Whistling:

That is a joke, right?

Yes - but somebody selected that option.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply