SQL and T-SQL for Beginners in 229 minutes

• I think the link in the OP points to the wrong post?

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

• I still see that link taking me to an article about Data Compression Double Take which seems different than SQL and T-SQL for Beginners or is that where it is supposed to link to?

EDIT - you also appear to have posted this in the future?

The above is all just my opinion on what you should do. 
    As with all advice you find on a random internet forum - you shouldn't blindly follow it.  Always test on a test server to see if there is negative side effects before making changes to live!
    I recommend you NEVER run "random code" you found online on any system you care about UNLESS you understand and can verify the code OR you don't care if the code trashes your system.

• Mr. Brian Gale wrote:

I still see that link taking me to an article about Data Compression Double Take which seems different than SQL and T-SQL for Beginners or is that where it is supposed to link to?   EDIT - you also appear to have posted this in the future?

Same for me. Also the date is July 17, 2019

--Vadim R.

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item SQL and T-SQL for Beginners in 229 minutes

• A little bit longer than 229 minutes, but I really enjoyed Graeme Malcolm and Geoff Allix's 'Querying data with Transact-SQL' on MVA.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLar0ZIPrNX9ftDSmaD2tO32wjjSEAYU-P

• The  future date is the date the article is supposed to be released.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Nice article ...I like the organization flow of the topics.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply