Race to post 1,000,000

• I had a quick look at the overall post number on my last post and it suddenly dawned on me that SSC will soon reach a major landmark.

Who do you think will make this most coveted of posts and will there be a prize? :w00t:

Hope this helps,
    Rich

[p]
    [/p]

• Best bets are Gail, Jeff, or me. Anyone want to take us or the field?

• I'm gonna bet on the field. 😉

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• I'll take the field. Probably a sucker bet, but...

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• That is pretty cool! Congrats to SSC. I will probably go with one of the editors, but it could be anyone.....even me!

• dbowlin (9/21/2010)

I will probably go with one of the editors, but it could be anyone.....even me!

One of the editors? The only editor here is Steve. The rest of us are unpaid slaves 😉

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • GilaMonster (9/21/2010)

dbowlin (9/21/2010)

One of the editors? The only editor here is Steve. The rest of us are unpaid slaves 😉

Slave? Is that what you get when you make 20000 posts? Steve just refers to the rest of us as food.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey (9/21/2010)

GilaMonster (9/21/2010)

dbowlin (9/21/2010)

Slave? Is that what you get when you make 20000 posts? Steve just refers to the rest of us as food.

food or fodder? I think some of the OPs Gail works with think she's the latter.

I'll the the three of us. Not sure that's even money, maybe we need some odds?

• I'm sure there's some BI peeps here who'll slice & dice the posting stats for the last 30 days and produce odds from that.

Hope this helps,
    Rich

[p]
    [/p]

• Steve Jones - Editor (9/21/2010)

Best bets are Gail, Jeff, or me. Anyone want to take us or the field?

I will take the field. Remember, the field has more points / posts than the three of you combined.

There are also other people like Lynn in the field that have quite a few posts.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Grant Fritchey (9/21/2010)

GilaMonster (9/21/2010)

dbowlin (9/21/2010)

I think I just found my incentive to reach 20k. I would like to be upgraded from food to slave.

Learn Extended Events

• RichardDouglas (9/21/2010)

I'm sure there's some BI peeps here who'll slice & dice the posting stats for the last 30 days and produce odds from that.

don't even need to go that far.

look at the top 5 on the front page and compare to the top 25 list http://www.sqlservercentral.com/TotalScores

If you cross apply those two lists, Steve doesn't make the cut but Jeff and Gail do.

Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (9/21/2010)

RichardDouglas (9/21/2010)

I'm sure there's some BI peeps here who'll slice & dice the posting stats for the last 30 days and produce odds from that.

look at the top 5 on the front page and compare to the top 25 list http://www.sqlservercentral.com/TotalScores

If you cross apply those two lists, Steve doesn't make the cut but Jeff and Gail do.

Wait a minute. I'm back and I'll be in the top 5 on the front page in a couple of weeks.

• Jack Corbett (9/21/2010)

CirquedeSQLeil (9/21/2010)

Wait a minute. I'm back and I'll be in the top 5 on the front page in a couple of weeks.

There you go, another contender. No way am I putting my money on Steve, Gail and Jeff when we have the field.

Then again, Steve is the editor 😉

Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (9/21/2010)

Jack Corbett (9/21/2010)

CirquedeSQLeil (9/21/2010)

There you go, another contender. No way am I putting my money on Steve, Gail and Jeff when we have the field.

Then again, Steve is the editor 😉

You're not suggesting that posting will temporarily become unavailable 😛

Hope this helps,
    Rich

[p]
    [/p]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 129 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply