President Obama Stimulation plan and trend for SQL jobs in 1-5 years.

• Yesterday I listened to President Obama spoke about stimulation plan and I must accept ~ 900 Billion is not small. I could not catch detail about this plan (Do they really have one?). I found something in real estate, bank and government healthcare (not in private sector).

So need to get some idea from our team, Which sector that will be good for SQL jobs in the next 1-5 years?

If you know website that have all details about this plan, please do not hesitate to inform me.

Any idea will be really appreciated.

• I'm not sure any particular industry will be better for SQL jobs. A lot of the stimulus package now seems to be trying to save some things, local government, banks, etc. that the bailouts might not help.

There's a bit in there for "green" technology, but I wouldn't count on that as a new job, especially for technology for now. there will be shake out there.

Your best bet is to look for a good job, with a good company, regardless of industry.

• I would say just don't try the banks were all getting laid off 🙁

T

• It might be best to wait and see what is actually signed. From a high-level view there are supposed to be funds for getting health care information accessible and sharable electronically. Whether there are ready-to-go packages for that or not I can't say. There could be some work in getting these set or even building them so you might want to research that.

An awful lot will depend on where you are and what pieces of the package get finalized, when they might start being implemented, etc....

This is just my opinion....

• It's not much more than a boondoggle. The stimulus really won't do that much, since most of it fails in getting the money out the door quickly, much of it is for 1 time expenditures which won't generate ongoing jobs, and it's being used as an omnibus to get many special projects done that closer scrutiny would kill.

I've seen projections that the economy will be worse if it passes in it's current state. Be very wary when a politician says you MUST do THIS NOW and we can't take time discuss it. The Chief of staff was quoted as saying something to the effect of "don't let a good crisis go to waste". Meaning to get something done that wouldn't fly unless we are distracted by something scary

The last time we got the Patriot Act.

Look up "The Road to Serfdom" (Summary here http://mises.org/books/TRTS/)

• When do we start the thread where we can posit our views on religion now that we have one for politics!!!

• toniupstny (2/13/2009)

When do we start the thread where we can posit our views on religion now that we have one for politics!!!

You know who started threads on threads on religion! Hitler did!

/satire

Why not? Keep it clean, respectful and reasoned, not a problem.

• toniupstny (2/13/2009)

When do we start the thread where we can posit our views on religion now that we have one for politics!!!

Actually, we just had a touch of that on the thread from the editorial about Trust.

- Gus "GSquared", RSVP, OODA, MAP, NMVP, FAQ, SAT, SQL, DNA, RNA, UOI, IOU, AM, PM, AD, BC, BCE, USA, UN, CF, ROFL, LOL, ETC
    Property of The Thread

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but everyone agrees it's old enough to know better." - Anon

• I was one taught that there are only 3 occupations that are fairly resiliant and are somewhat ignorant of the overall economic climate. They are:

- Food --> people gotta eat

- Healthcare --> people get sick

- Mortician --> people die

Granted it seems a cold outlook but it is reality. No matter what the economic climate all 3 occur at roughly the same rate !

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• My theory is - if you have a secure job at this point in time - keep it (even if it is not your dream job). I am working on learning (hence my hanging out at this site) as much as I can in my down time so that when the economy recovers, I will be able to better position myself in the job market.

• AFAIK "Funeral Homes" can only have surpluses and not downsizing :Whistling:

* Noel

• ... also ... it is an industry that is not easily outsourced overseas as wel !!!

RegardsRudy KomacsarSenior Database Administrator"Ave Caesar! - Morituri te salutamus."

• rudy komacsar (2/20/2009)

... also ... it is an industry that is not easily outsourced overseas as wel !!!

Hmmm... EXCELLENT point.

* Noel

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply