perfmon does not run remotely

• I have tried to run perfmon remotely against SQL2000 server from

my PC (W2000) .I can run it in real time using system monitor, but I cannot use counter logs and save the data into a .CSV file.

by looking into my application log I get the followying error:

<<<

The service was unable to add the counter '\\MyServer\Processor(_Total)\% Processor Time' to the MyServer log or alert. This log or alert will continue, but data for that counter will not be collected.

To collect data from a remote computer, the Performance Logs and Alerts service must run under an account that has access to the remote system.

>>>

Do I need more rights ... do I need write access to My Server ?

Or there is a way arround it.

Thank you for your help

LMT

• Yes, you need a higher level of rights to the server. Generally, I have myself made admin on the server, so I could not tell you what level you absolutely need, but I can tell you that admin has all the neccessary permissions....

• In your machine, there is a service called 'sysmonlog', ie performance logs and alerts. You have to change the startup account in this service to a domain account that has local administrator right in your serevr.

• I found the sysmonlog and I will have a talk with my sysadmin about permissions.

Thank you very much

LMT

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply