Microsoft Certified Master

• mohammed moinudheen (8/31/2013)

Does it mean there is no MCSM program for SQL Server 2012 too?

Yes, it does mean that. No MCSM for anything.

My blog: SQL Soldier[/url]
    SQL Server Best Practices:
    SQL Server Best Practices
    Twitter: @SQLSoldier
    My book: Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring[/url]
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, Data Platform MVP
    Database Engineer at BlueMountain Capital Management[/url]

• Vedran, when I got the news last night, I immediately thought of you and how you just took the exam a few days ago. I hope you pass the exam so you at least have the satisfaction of knowing you completed it.

I also thought of people like UWE who just recently got their MCM certification. I know how long of a journey that is, and to hear that the program is dead right after achieving it sucks big time.

I am also thinking of some of the people that work on Advanced Certifications at Microsoft Learning. I know some very good people that are losing their jobs because of this. I can't say for sure, but I don't think the program PMs were told this was coming until the last minute. I talked to a good friend who is a product manager in Advanced Certifications last night after the new came out, and she had just found out that day as well. She was given a month to help get things in order, and then she's out of a job.

My blog: SQL Soldier[/url]
    SQL Server Best Practices:
    SQL Server Best Practices
    Twitter: @SQLSoldier
    My book: Pro SQL Server 2008 Mirroring[/url]
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, Data Platform MVP
    Database Engineer at BlueMountain Capital Management[/url]

• Rumour has it that the Bugatti Veyron costs £3M to make, so they lose money for each and every one they sell at £1M.

Even if this is just an urban myth, it makes sense to have a loss-making product at the top of the pyramid.

It is a matter of prestige, its job is to inspire and boost revenue of the 'lesser' models within the VW group.

The MCM is something similar for Microsoft certifications - an ideal, something for thousands of people to aspire for.

Cheers,

JohnA

MCM: SQL2008

• mohammed moinudheen (8/31/2013)

Does it mean there is no MCSM program for SQL Server 2012 too?

That is correct. MCM/MCSM/MCA are all dead as of 10/1 according the email that was sent. The email can be read online since several have been nice enough to post it. I just may do the same thing with that email 😀

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Better explanation here: https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/799431/please-dont-get-rid-of-the-mcm-and-mca-programs

However, IMHO, it's a poor one. If they are re-evaluating, no need to end this program before they build another one. If they aren't getting uptake, then think about what can change. If it's losing money, raise the price a bit. It's a crappy, half-a**ed, bureaucratic explanation, IMHO. It smells of an executive in danger of missing a bonus more than any thoughtful re-evaluation.

• I got the mail starting with "Congratulations!". Passing the lab exam from the first attempt and receiving so wanted MCM certificate makes me very happy! I will celebrate, definitely. I was so exhausted after the exam that I ended up in sick leave for two days, with temperature. Another good news is that this connect item is the most voted one - hoping that Microsoft listens to community.

• Vedran Kesegic (9/4/2013)

I got the mail starting with "Congratulations!". Passing the lab exam from the first attempt and receiving so wanted MCM certificate makes me very happy! I will celebrate, definitely. I was so exhausted after the exam that I ended up in sick leave for two days, with temperature. Another good news is that this connect item is the most voted one - hoping that Microsoft listens to community.

Congrats! You'll be the last of a dying breed. 🙂

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

I got the mail starting with "Congratulations!". Passing the lab exam from the first attempt and receiving so wanted MCM certificate makes me very happy! I will celebrate, definitely. I was so exhausted after the exam that I ended up in sick leave for two days, with temperature. Another good news is that this connect item is the most voted one - hoping that Microsoft listens to community.

Congrats

Congrats

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Thank you all, especially the team that made and run this certification program and learning materials. The learning journey continues, no matter what.

• Dear Vedran,

best congrats from me to you - Mr. SQL Master 🙂

Wellcome to the club!

Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    MVP - Data Platform (2013 - ...)
    my blog: http://www.sqlmaster.de (german only!)

• :w00t: congratulations indeed 😎

Last of a dying breed...

Cheers,

JohnA

MCM: SQL2008

• Thanks Uwe, I'm always glad to hear you. John, thank you also, but your "dying breed" makes me little chilly. Certificate remains for us.

I would rather say that me and few others were passed in the last call before the gates are closed, and no one may pass 😛

• Congrats Mr Kesegic. You're just in time to board the last MCM train. Welcome aboard! 😉

Simon Liew
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008

Viewing 14 posts - 211 through 223 (of 223 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply