Making report run for different users in a single subscription.

• I have created a report that has a filter on the dataset that filters the information on the report based on the user that is viewing the report.

What I am wanting to achieve is to use one single subscription to email a PDF of the report to all users however when I try this it just emails a PDF of the subscription owners report to everyone. Is it possible to email a different version of the report for each user in the subscription?

And just to throw another spanner in the works, I only have the standard edition of SQL not the enterprise edition so I don't have access to Data Driven Subscriptions.

• The simple answer is, you can't (not out of the box). What you are looking for is a Data Driven Subscription, and that is an Enterprise feature.

That's not to say, however, you can't do it, and there are guides on how you can achieve similar functionality; but there are hoops you need to jump through. A couple of searches gave me this and this.

Thom~

Excuse my typos and sometimes awful grammar. My fingers work faster than my brain does.
    Larnu.uk

• Hi Thom,

Thanks for the reply, I was sort of clutching at straws posting on here as I have already found this which is a bit long winded but I was hoping there would be an easier way. I guess there isn't 🙁

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply