Installing SQL Server 2019 using the Azure Cloud Shell

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Installing SQL Server 2019 using the Azure Cloud Shell

Ramakant Dadhichi
    Technology Enthusiast

• Awesome Article Ramakant !

This is well structured and presented pretty straightforward. Expecting more like this.

-VishnuG

• Thank you Vishnu. More to come ??

Ramakant Dadhichi
    Technology Enthusiast

• Really good article, this was something I had never attempted before and following your notes I now have SQL Server running on Ubuntu. ;o)

Only issue I had was with a "-" on two of the text boxes near the "add -"

Removing the "-", the command would run without error.

Thanks

qh

[font="Tahoma"]Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. – Carl Jung.[/font]
  • Thank you, happy to know that it was helpful. 🙂

Is it 'sudo add-apt-repository ' where you received error?

Ramakant Dadhichi
    Technology Enthusiast

• It was this line:

wget -qO- https://packages.microsoft.com/keys/microsoft.asc | sudo apt-key add –

That gave me an error, however

wget -qO- https://packages.microsoft.com/keys/microsoft.asc | sudo apt-key add

does not.

qh

[font="Tahoma"]Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes. – Carl Jung.[/font]
  • Thanks for clarifying. 🙂

The link manpages  gives a good walk through to apt-key utlity.

add filename

Add a new key to the list of trusted keys. The key is read from the filename given

with the parameter filename or if the filename is ' - '  from standard input.

So when we use sudo apt-key add – , it  uses everything before the | as STDIN .

Not sure why you received the error but both of them should be working fine. Would like to see what the error says .

apt-key

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ramakant Dadhichi
    Technology Enthusiast

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply