I got burned today at a SQL Server Interview!

• Yikes! I knew I spelled that wrong.

Sorry, All. Chris's post is more accurate as to the spelling. Didn't mean to confuse anyone.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin (3/18/2008)

Yikes! I knew I spelled that wrong.

Yeah but d'oh I always thought it was pronounced gee-oh-duck :doze:. Surprising what you can learn on here innit! Thanks Brandie.

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Yak! If you're ever in a restaurant that serves it, go for it - incredible, better than the best chunk of beef I've ever had and even less fat than buffalo.

• Geoduck.... I think my wife drove one of those back in college. Great gas mileage...

Tim Mitchell, Microsoft Data Platform MVP
    Data Warehouse and ETL Consultant
    TimMitchell.net | @Tim_Mitchell | Tyleris.com
    ETL Best Practices

• How in heavens name did we end up with exotic food when talking about interview:D

Since the topic is already there, has anyone had Bat? You know , the flying wolf... Not the small ones but the big one. They are good for asthma. But tastes good. Better than chicken...:P

-Roy

• Roy Ernest (3/18/2008)

How in heavens name did we end up with exotic food when talking about interview:D

Since the topic is already there, has anyone had Bat? You know , the flying wolf... Not the small ones but the big one. They are good for asthma. But tastes good. Better than chicken...:P

That was in a documentary too, about this bloke with a big knife who wrestles crocodiles. Needs garlic.

“Write the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Roy said:

has anyone had Bat? ... They are good for asthma.

:blink:

Okay, Roy. You're going to have to explain this one to me. How does bat meat help people with asthma?

I really gotta know.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Roy Ernest (3/18/2008)

How in heavens name did we end up with exotic food when talking about interview:D

I think it has a mind of it own. "It's ALIVE!!"

To be honest, it just keeps going off on different tangents, and occasionally comes back on topic. Pretty neat, and entertaining if you ask me!

😎

• It is a claim actually. Basically what they say is since the bats eats a certain fruit (not a common fruit, I forgot the name) and that fruit is actually used in herbal medicine, it helps. Also the enzymes in the Bats stomah makes that fruit react a bit more differently.

-Roy

• All right. Now I want to know what this fruit is. I'd LOVE to get off my asthma drugs. If all I have to do is eat fruit to make my breathing easier, then I'd be soooooo happy.

😀

• albuterol with wings... And if you happen to be allergic to the bat, well they counter act each other. 🙂

Can't say it was too exotic considering some of these posts, but my favorite was Ostrich. Kind of reminded me of Prime Rib.

• Bob,

Have you see the size of an Ostrich (or Emu) drumstick?

Those turkey legs they serve at Ren Fairs have nuttin' on the above!!! @=)

• Brandie -

Sounds like you may need to move to the Phillipines, in my younger days used to buy all kinds of things "on a stick" there and Bat was definitely on the menu.

Joe

• Tim Mitchell (3/18/2008)

Geoduck.... I think my wife drove one of those back in college. Great gas mileage...

Nope, that was a Moden 😛

• LMAO!!! ROFL!!! Now that's funny stuff... I don't care who you are, ya gotta laugh at that! (Thanks for the quote Larry TCG). 😀

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 357 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply