Half a Million

• From the time I got into databases, it had always been SQL Server for me. And from the time I got into SQL Server, it had always been SQLServerCentral all the way. One of my peers once introduced me to SSC, when he finally got tired of the questions and problems I came to him with. So, from that day on, all my questions and problems have been redirected to SSC. The first thing I open each morning besides my webmail would be SQLServerCentral.com; try to answer the QotD and read an article or too. In the evenings I try to answer or at least read a few forum posts before I leave. So, why I like SSC so much is because almost 95% of the time I get a solution to my problems and also it let's me help someone like I had been helpled. It's a great thing tis SSC!

Gogula

• SQL Server Central is a very good resource for not only SQL troubleshooting, but as a place to share your own knowledge.

I also identify with Steve's editorials, since I am also a Gen-X'er with similar interests in alternative power and country living...except for the shoveling manure part.:D

• I work as a web developer for the technology section of a school district on a very limited budget. We try to make use of every resource that comes along that will extend our ability to support the schools and meet the requirements of mandatory state and federal reporting. We are a small shop, so developers here are expected to fill several roles, including designing our own databases and writing our own SQL queries for any new web application we develop.

Ironically, for being in the field of education we have very little money if any to send our developers to training. I haven't had a SQL Server class since I left my last employer 8 years ago. That was for SQL Server 6.5. Everything since then I have had to learn on my own.

I have found SQL Server Central an essential daily resource of ideas and practical application. Textbooks only tell you so much. The articles on this site expand on those concepts and show me how to do my job better and faster. That's why I keep your web site bookmarked, your emails coming daily, and "The Best of SQLServerCental.com" books handy on my bookshelf.

• Kenena Klosson (10/5/2007)

...I thank everyone who contributes to it, even the dorks who fail to pick up a single book and ask for help instead...

Well, we usually refrain from the ad hominem attacks. 😉

Steve Eckhart

• my apology

• Did anyone notice SSC crossed the 800000 members some time ago ?

Good job guys 😎

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• That's pretty awesome. Speaks volumes about the quality of the site!

I would think by around March/April next year the site should hit the 1,000,000 mark! That's some community to be involved with!

Viewing 7 posts - 106 through 111 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply