Geeky Distractions

• I just started watching Fringe from Season 1 this year. Awesome.

Reminiscent of the X-Files

• Nakul Vachhrajani (7/29/2011)

Undoubtedly, Raw Materials!

+1

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• hwells (7/29/2011)

Nevyn (7/29/2011)

Patrick Rothfuss's books (The Name of the Wind and Wise Man's Fear) are excellent. But don't read them two fast as it will probably be about 5 years before he finally ends the trilogy.

Oh, I just did that a couple months ago. Blazed through those two books within the span of a couple days. And now I am pining for the conclusion...:Whistling:

Yeah, I got the first as a gift when it was still in hardcover. It was not billed as a trilogy, but I could tell about 100 pages in it was going to be.

Then I checked online for a release date, waited for it .... and it got pushed back. Then it got pushed back ... then it got pushed back.

Rothfuss makes some truly wonderful books, but reading his blog he really seems to agonize over each word. I am not expecting the conclusion for some time. Had I had more discipline I would have waited for the release of the third book before I bought the second.

• If you haven't seen it, I can recommend Source Code (film) - bomb on a train with SF/Quantum leanings.

The UK series of Being Human is stunning - haven't seen the US version and so can't comment.

Has the US got the 2 parter of DR Who where the sleeping angels return?

...and do you know who River Song is yet? You'll fall off your chair - guarantee!

The next episode in the UK is due at the end of this month, and is called "Let's Kill Hitler!"

Geekiness over!

• tim.short (8/3/2011)

If you haven't seen it, I can recommend Source Code (film) - bomb on a train with SF/Quantum leanings.

The UK series of Being Human is stunning - haven't seen the US version and so can't comment.

...and do you know who River Song is yet? You'll fall off your chair - guarantee!

The next episode in the UK is due at the end of this month, and is called "Let's Kill Hitler!"

Geekiness over!

Haven't seen Source Code yet, but that's on my list to see.

I think we in the states did get the two weeping angels episodes you're talking about "The image of an angel becomes an angel." I also think we found out who River Song is, but I haven't seen that episode yet. I'm about 4 episodes behind right now.

The opinions expressed herein are strictly personal and do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of my employer.

• tim.short (8/3/2011)

Yes, the US (& Canada... & I believe Australia as well) know who River Song is. BBC America is co-funding the current series of Doctor Who, so it is being shown on the same day in the US as in the UK. Space Channel is showing it in Canada on the same day. txtPost_CommentEmoticon(':-)');

• Still find Mystery Science Theatre 3000 to be hilarious whenever I can catch it. DVD's are available as well.

• Call of Duty Zombies! Shangri-La is fun. Still looking for Pac-a-punch though.

• tim.short (8/3/2011)

If you haven't seen it, I can recommend Source Code (film) - bomb on a train with SF/Quantum leanings.

Geekiness over!

I enjoyed Source Code. I was hoping for a slightly different ending, but still good.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply