Forward Dependencies are not valid.

• Is there a way to break or disable forward dependencies for SSRS. I've got a report that has parameters, which don't really have anything to do with each other. Whenever I try to add a drop down list for one of them, it tells me that they are all dependent on each other.

• If your getting this error it sounds like your parameter datasets are dependant - the only way I am aware to remove this is to edit the SQL for the dataset i.e.

Parameter 1

SELECT *

FROM SomeTable

Parameter 2

SELECT *

FROM SomeTable

WHERE

SomeField IN (@Parameter1) /* Remove This*/

However this may have been added for a reason - as this thread suggests I would re-order the parameters..

Andy

==========================================================================================================================
    A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila. Mitch Ratcliffe

• Actually I found the problem. I was trying to create parameter drop down list from the same datasource as I was pulling the data from. Added another datasource and that took care of the issue.

• Thanks so much. I was pulling my hair out with this issue.

After reading and applying your solution - it works !!

Great, Thanks..

• Thank you all so much for this post! I have been stuck on a problem like this for awhile now - changed the order and works like magic!!!

• I have a report parameter (@NetworkUserID) that is populated with network &userid. I then use this parameter in my dataset to match the data with the user that is logged in. I have created a second parameter (@EmpID) that I will pass to a subreport - this parameters value will use a field that my dataset query has retrieved. Any suggestions on how to get this to work is appreciated!!

• Welcome to SSC,

A few things...

You should get more responses if you post to a new thread instead of a prehistoric one.

For a newbie, nice post, but I have some questions...

What does the signature of your stored procedure look like? How to handle NULLs in parameters is different depending on if they're for Report parameters and if they're for stored procedure parameters. So where are the parameters coming from?

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply