Forward Dependencies are not valid.

• maxedout420 (8/21/2009)

@startdate and @enddate are setup as date/time with defualt values of defaultstartdate and defaultenddate respectively....

use Non-Queried default values with following values for Start and End dates respectively.

=DateAdd("d", -90, Today)

=DateAdd("d", -60, Today)

• Sorry... Forgot to update the forum..

Thats exactly what I did and it worked!!

Max

• I was stuck with the very same issue and I thought I had to throw it all away when I read this topic, and it worked for me as well!!! THANK YOU!

• I am having the same problem I think but I only have one parameters.

The dataset is populated with the following sql:

SELECT *

FROM Course_Lesson

WHERE Course_System_ID= @Course_System_ID

The @Course_System_ID parameters is pointing to =Parameters!course_system_ID.Value

Parameters!course_system_ID.Value is a reportParameter with its available values property set to a dataset being populated by this sql:

SELECT * FROM COURSE

When I run the query my values don't show up. When I try to deploy the query I get an error:

c:\documents and settings\petteysk\my documents\visual studio projects\report project6\report project6\On-Demand Attendance Report (by User) TestReport.rdl The report parameter ‘LessonTitle’ has a DefaultValue or a ValidValue that depends on the report parameter “course_system_ID”. Forward dependencies are not valid.

Any Ideas?

• I am so glad I found your post. That solved my problem. Thank you so much!

• Thank you. That solved my problem. So easy.

• i just had this in SSRS 2008

and the parameter order change fixed it

but the parameters are different in 2008, on the report data...so i had to manually delete one and reinstate it at the end...

which seems daft, but it worked

(edit)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc281392(v=sql.100).aspx

no, was being thick, you can manually drag them, holding control and up/down works

• what if i have only one parameter.

• Whats are the details for that parameter? Default value, available values, etc...

Personal Motto: Why push the envelope when you can just open it?

If you follow the direction given HERE[/url] you'll likely increase the number and quality of responses you get to your question.

Jason L. Selburg
  • look I want to generate report based on the selection of the drop down list(having district names)

in the data set I have written the query

Select districtname,districtcode from district WHERE districtname=@districtname

in the parameters properties I have selected the query option for the Available values and none for the default values and also checked the multiple choice option but I am not able to get selections from the dropdown list.

vandana

• You've created a circular reference. Your parameter is based on a query that needs the parameter value to run. Using just

Select districtname,districtcode from district

should do the trick.

• That's fine I have a dropdownlist and I can select multiple values but full report is being generated not specific to those values.

• Now you need to add the where clause to the query (or queries) that serve your report, not the query that populates the drop down.

• can you please explain in details

as I have used a shared datasource which I have brought from my project.

vandana

• Changing the order of the parameters resolves the issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply