First Poll for 2006

• spellin ability is inversally proportonal to intelegunce  

• The following statement is false.

The previous statement is true.

Welcome to my little corner of the universe...

from the TV series Andromeda

• I was really aggravated when hired on as a VB consultant and all in-house programs and utilities had hard-coded IP addresses and file paths in the VB executables.  I remember saying "Hardcode is a four letter word. No wait, it's two four letter words!"  So from that time on, that has been motto:

Hardcode is two four letter words.

Aunt Kathi Data Platform MVP
    Author of Expert T-SQL Window Functions
    Simple-Talk Editor

• "If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence showing you ever tried." -Unknown

• Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean people aren't out ato get you.

I see said the blind man peeing into the wind, it's all coming back to me now.

Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men. - Martin Luther King Jr

The very first law in advertising is to avoid the concrete promise and cultivate the delightfully vague. - Bill Cosby

• "Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies"

"I've never excelled at golf. I'm not even that good with a tire iron. Though, I did get a hole in one once...then had to buy a new tire."

I recently used this one during a bad day:

"Four-letter-word for Feces!"

of course, the littany of said four-letter-words from my boss had me rolling on the floor.

-- J.T.

"I may not always know what I'm talking about, and you may not either."

• Okay.  So, mine is not as lighthearted as most...but here it goes.

"The gravest sorrow comes from closing our minds to the suffering of others and feeling justified in doing so." ---Pema Chodron

Be well.

• Slicker than snot on a door knob! - usually referring to some piece of code I have just written.

• Aparently you are a Bob and Tom fan.

• My Dad saids, "Always tell yourself the truth and then do what's right".  He also said, "When its time to punch the man in the nose, punch the man in the nose".

N6VGP 

• To err is human, it takes a computer to really screw things up!

• Some of my favorites:

"One person can make a difference...but most of the time, they probably shouldn't." -Marge Simpson .

"Life is like arriving late for a movie, having to figure out what was going on without bothering everybody with a lot of questions, and then being unexpectedly called away before you find out how it ends" --Joseph Campbell

“The more the universe is comprehensible, the more it also seems pointless.” --Steven Weinberg

"how much we want to believe a proposition is not a reliable guide as to whether it is true."--Steven Pinker

“the measure of an education is that you acquire some idea of the extent of your ignorance”--Christopher Hitchens

"Nature doesn't care how smart you are. You can still be wrong." --Feynmann

"When small men begin to cast large shadows, it is a sure sign that the sun is setting."

“A fanatic is one who sticks to his guns whether they’re loaded or not.” — Franklin P. Jones

-- FORTRAN manual for Xerox Computers --

• Not my philosophy, but a saying I heard a lot while in the military (it's supposed to be the philosophy to use when captured, but it seemed to be status quo too often):

"Admit nothing, deny everything, and make counter accusations."

One closer to my philosphy is a Marine Corps saying:

"Adapt, improvise, and overcome."

K. Brian Kelley
    @kbriankelley

• My little titbits that keep me going:

a) You're as old as the woman you feel.

b) Opinions are like assholes - everyone's got one

• I'll burn that bridge when I get to it.

Greg

Greg

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply