Dynamic Date Range in CASE?

• Is there any valid way to write a CASE statement like this?

Select distinct d.Field1, Field2,

count (CASE when Field3 = 1 and (DateField between select getdate() -2 and select getdate() - 0) Then Field3 END) As [Total]

This isn't the entire query but if I can find a way to put a dynamic date range in CASE for this then I can apply it to others as needed.

Thanks

• is this what you looking for :

count (CASE

when Field3 = 1 and (DateField between DATEADD(dd,-1getdate()) and getdate())

Then Field3

END) As [Total]

----------------------------------------------
    Try to learn something about everything and everything about something. - Thomas Henry Huxley

:w00t:
    Posting Best Practices[/url]
    Numbers / Tally Tables[/url]

SQL-4-Life
  • Chris thanks for the fast reply. I get a syntax error near 'getdate'.

I thought maybe it was due to a space needed between -1 and the first getdate but that wasn't it...

count (CASE when Field3 = 1 and (DateField between DATEADD(dd,-1 getdate()) and getdate()) Then Field3 END) As [Total]

Any suggestion?

• you need a comma where you put that space, i.e.

DATEADD(dd,-1 , getdate())

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency on my part...unless you're my manager...or a director and above...or a really loud-spoken end-user..All right - what was my emergency again?

• Much thanks to you both and Matt your tag line is one of my favorite sayings!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply