Do You Still Want Coping Tips?

• Hi Steve,

Yes please keep the daily tips coming.

During my entire childhood my Mom would always have "cake and coffee" around 3pm every day. No kids, no husband, no housework, nothing except her cake and coffee. During our current craziness I really understand this ritual. I now take my own "cake and coffee" every day around 3pm. Everything else can wait.

I like more variety, so I drink coffee, tea, or Crio Bru and I substitute cake for something else (but when there is cake in the house I eat that 🙂 ). Substitute whatever you like for cake or coffee. But, make sure to take time every day for "Cake and Coffee" - no facebook, no computer, no phone and NO SQL Server.

One of my favorite quotes from a Vietnamese Buddhist monk says it quite well:

Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves – slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future.

~ Thich Nhat Hanh

Thanks!

Peter

• aroggeband-815867 wrote:

Yes

Working from home in healthcare IT support. As this crisis goes on it becomes more and more stressful. Now with re-opening, there will be a spike in the stress levels, as the re-opening will be risky business at the very least. I am not looking forward to actual commuting again.

I agree, I too am not looking forward to actual commuting again. Especially since that requires being together in a cramp space with hundreds of other people.

Rod

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply