DNA for Data Storage

• David.Poole - Wednesday, May 31, 2017 9:28 AM

Are we actually a walking talking backup system for a higher intelligence?

based on my memory the last few years... I must be one of the discarded old backup units no longer in use 😛

• David.Poole - Wednesday, May 31, 2017 9:28 AM

If you can use DNA to store data and you can incorporate that into a life form then you have an auto-backup facility.

Computer code is really just data so your AI program could be running on DNA, at which point doesn't it become Real-Intelligence?

Are we actually a walking talking backup system for a higher intelligence?

Each of us is only one record in the human table, there are many tables for the different forms of life. But that still is only a small view, each planet is a partition of a solar system within the larger galaxy, etc.

All, just for the mice

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please follow Best Practices For Posting On Forums to receive quicker and higher quality responses

• Ah, technology!.  Was just watching Star Trek Voyager series, where the ship had integrated biological components. And yet, dealing with businesses, they seem to still have the same problems with data they had 20, 30 years ago.

The more you are prepared, the less you need it.

• I appreciate this issue. I've got an old laptop which I have to replace. Give my needs I'm surprised at what's available to me. One of the primary issues is storage on the device. I just can't go too long. There's a lot of tablets with at most 256 GB SSD drives, that are just too small. That limits my choices. There are no easy answers here.

Rod

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply