Distributed Query question

• I installed a new server with SQL 2000. I am having a problem updating tables on this server from my other servers. I don't know whether it is something in the SQL settings or the database creation settings. I created a simple 2 column table on the new server. I can insert records into the table from the other servers. However, when I try a remote update with a very simple where clause, I get the following error message:

Could not open table '"hhdb"."dbo"."test"' from OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB'.  The provider could not support a row lookup position. The provider indicates that conflicts occurred with other properties or requirements.

[OLE/DB provider returned message: Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors. Check each OLE DB status value, if available. No work was done.]

We have other remote servers that I do not have this problem with. Does anyone have any suggestions of where I should look for a solution?

Thanks, Barb

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• I vaguely remember seeing something like this a long time ago. I think I had to have an index on the remote table, possibly a unique one?

• try this

before SQL

write:

GO

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON

GO

SET ANSI_NULLS ON

GO

• Thank you so much!  I think it was the ansi_null that did it!!

Is there somewhere in the database I can set this so it does not have to be put into each script?

Thanks again, Barb

• check this:

sp_dboption [ [ @dbname = ] 'database' ]

[ , [ @optname = ] 'option_name' ]

[ , [ @optvalue = ] 'value' ]

and

DBCC USEROPTIONS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply