DBCC Timewarp

• And here I was thinking 137 parameters from the limitations of the datetime data to 1, 3, or 7 as the precision. Guess I should read the thread on this one!

• I googled Topeka'ed it and the first item returned was a SQL server central thread. The link took me to the middle of the thread and I thought to myself, this is useless - there has to be real info on this somewhere. Then I read the first post in the thread.

Edit: fixed my Topeka mistake. (I wonder if I could have used timewarp to fix it?)

• Steve Jones - Editor (4/1/2010)

And here I was thinking 137 parameters from the limitations of the datetime data to 1, 3, or 7 as the precision.

😀 I didn't even notice that. Nice catch.

(though datetime is to 0, 3 and 7)

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • george sibbald (4/1/2010)

D i v y a R e d d y (4/1/2010)

DBCC TIMEWARP has 137 parameter ........Is This Correct

It depends.............

That is parameter 255 of the optional set 😉

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• JF1081 (4/1/2010)

I googled it and the first item returned was a SQL server central thread. The link took me to the middle of the thread and I thought to myself, this is useless - there has to be real info on this somewhere. Then I read the first post in the thread.

That is a most excellent thread. I wonder how many more people have found it now?

Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (4/1/2010)

JF1081 (4/1/2010)

I googled it and the first item returned was a SQL server central thread. The link took me to the middle of the thread and I thought to myself, this is useless - there has to be real info on this somewhere. Then I read the first post in the thread.

That is a most excellent thread. I wonder how many more people have found it now?

It s the most useful thread I personally have ever been involved in. Ironic that I don't think we got the points for it because Steve went in and ran timewarp against it.

😉

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• Apparently, you haven't upgraded to the latest TimeWarp Service Pack because that gives you another 119 parameters (including the TimeWarpResetCentury parameter), thus bringing the total available parameters up to 256.:w00t:

Ralph D. Wilson II
    Development DBA

"Give me 6 hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first 4 sharpening the ax."
    A. Lincoln

• GilaMonster (4/1/2010)

H-122523 (4/1/2010)

Yes, indeed!, You also?

Yup. Degree in physics, haven't used it much recently (except for making up realistic-sounding explanations of non-existent SQL commands)

"Non-existent? Ah, but you sell yourself short, Gail. DBCC Timewarp does exist. You proposed it. It was built through the collaboration of several highly respected denizens of SSC. It appears as the result of a Topeka search (formerly Google). It's the subject of an SSC QOD. And with the likelihood of truth in the multiverse model, I'd say there's a SQL Server somewhere that has it fully implemented.

How much more evidence do we did of its existence?

• john.arnott (4/1/2010)

GilaMonster (4/1/2010)

H-122523 (4/1/2010)

Yes, indeed!, You also?

Yup. Degree in physics, haven't used it much recently (except for making up realistic-sounding explanations of non-existent SQL commands)

"Non-existent? Ah, but you sell yourself short, Gail. DBCC Timewarp does exist. You proposed it. It was built through the collaboration of several highly respected denizens of SSC. It appears as the result of a Topeka search (formerly Google). It's the subject of an SSC QOD. And with the likelihood of truth in the multiverse model, I'd say there's a SQL Server somewhere that has it fully implemented.

How much more evidence do we did of its existence?

Mis use of DBCC Timewarp can form a Snow Crash that can be experienced in reality and in the multiverse. (I'm currently reading Snow Crash). Hiro Protaganist will come after you with his swords if you use optional parameters past 137.

Edited: spelling error.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Use Full Links:
    KB Article from Microsoft on how to ask a question on a Forum

• george sibbald (4/1/2010)

CirquedeSQLeil (4/1/2010)

JF1081 (4/1/2010)

It s the most useful thread I personally have ever been involved in. Ironic that I don't think we got the points for it because Steve went in and ran timewarp against it.

😉

Yeah, he still needs to fix that.

Learn Extended Events

• Hiro Protaganist will come after you with his swords if you use optional parameters past 137.

No worries! Although, the future release having 142 parameters was plagued by the Hiro Protaganist issue, additional future releases have dealt with this problem.

1) Optional Parameter 237 will allow the tracking of Hiro Protaganist.

2) Optional Parameter 243 will preclude Hiro Protaganist ever being

within 1 klik of your location.

3) Optional parameter 256 was added to preclude Hiro Protaganast

from ever locating your server[\u].

Ralph D. Wilson II
    Development DBA

"Give me 6 hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first 4 sharpening the ax."
    A. Lincoln

• I just need to finish my Time Machine so I can go back in time and choose the correct answer.

• Thank goodness I was able to Topeka the command...

• Glad I am still old school and used Yahoo. I squeeked out the points.:hehe:

• It got me stumped for a while.....

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply