DBCC Timewarp

• As I waited for my score, it hit me. Du-uh! 137 is the only non power of 2 answer. My heart sank as I prepared for the inevitable "Sorry - you were wrong" zinger.

Tom Garth
    Vertical Solutions[/url]

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers
  • Tom Garth (4/2/2010)

As I waited for my score, it hit me. Du-uh! 137 is the only non power of 2 answer. My heart sank as I prepared for the inevitable "Sorry - you were wrong" zinger.

It's also not a power of 3. or 5. or 7. or 11. or 13. or 17. or 19. or 23. or 29, or 37. or 41. or 43. or 47. or 53. or 59. or 61. or 67.

• john.arnott (4/2/2010)

Tom Garth (4/2/2010)

As I waited for my score, it hit me. Du-uh! 137 is the only non power of 2 answer. My heart sank as I prepared for the inevitable "Sorry - you were wrong" zinger.

It's also not a power of 3. or 5. or 7. or 11. or 13. or 17. or 19. or 23. or 29, or 37. or 41. or 43. or 47. or 53. or 59. or 61. or 67.

🙂

Tom Garth
    Vertical Solutions[/url]

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -- Will Rogers
  • CirquedeSQLeil (4/1/2010)

george sibbald (4/1/2010)

D i v y a R e d d y (4/1/2010)

DBCC TIMEWARP has 137 parameter ........Is This Correct

It depends.............

That is parameter 255 of the optional set 😉

Nah, it depends when you will answer it. If you will answer it long enough ago or far enough in the future it may have 392 parameters. As someone pointed out above, if you answer it at the end of time it has 256 parameters; but if you answer it after that it may have 393. When I answered it it had 137 parameters, the 255th of which had default value 137 (as well as potentially interfering with temporal direction misuse of this command has from time to time led to transient alterations to the fundamentals of natural number ordering). But perhaps someone has changed it next week so that the default was the number of optional parameters instead of the total number of parameters, in which case that parameter was the 255th of 274 instead of the 255th of 137 and the correct answer will then be wrong until someone changes the value of parameter 255 back to 0, which it will be when the command was first defined, if I forget correctly.

Tom

• All of which are dependent on your alternate reality ID (ARID) value.

Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain. -- Friedrich Schiller
    Stop, children, what's that sound? Everybody look what's going down. -- Stephen Stills

• Bull ****, i didn't find any where about DBCC TimeWrap....even in MSDN also.........

• Please don't curse in the forums. It's unprofessional in this environment.

• This was an April Fools Joke. It says so in the explanation as well as in the thread linked.

No need to get too worked up about it.

• ok yaar.........take it lite...........

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply