Data type for Credit Card

• Need RC4 encryption and decryption?

http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=76258

N 56°04'39.16"
    E 12°55'05.25"

• Ah... got it... sorry, Remi... thought you lost your mind for a minute   I should have known better.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• As I said earlier, I have never worked in such an environement, such I was asking lots of questions to be ready for when it happens.  I got good instincts but there's nothing like doing the work for real .

• Another point to bear in mind - credit card numbers can be more than 16 characters long. According to the data we use for validation here, there are at the very least several flavours of UK debit cards with cardnumbers up to 19 characters long - this applies for example to some Switch, Solo and Maestro cards.

• Am I dreaming this, or did visa cards have some cards with 12 numbers on it at some time in the last 10-15 years?

• Our validation data doesn't admit to 12-digit Visa numbers, but 13-digit Visas are acceptable (for Visa it's 13 or 16 only), as are 13-digit EDC/Maestro and Electron cards.

• Thanks for the reply... I knew I had seen this somewhere a while back, now I can sleep better .

• We have 2 different types.  One application has varchar 19, the other is char 50.

In both cases they are encrypted and have non-numeric characters.

• Card_Type

This type of card used in credit card sales. Card types are: Unknown, AMEX, Amer Diner's, Diner's Club, Carte Blanche, Discover, Enroute, JBC, MasterCard, and Visa. Data type is string.

• Ever heard of Maestro cards?

• Dankort too.

N 56°04'39.16"
    E 12°55'05.25"

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply