Data Flow Formatters - Flatten, Parse and Stringify in Azure Data Factory

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Data Flow Formatters - Flatten, Parse and Stringify in Azure Data Factory

• Really nice article for those that need to use such a thing.  With that being said, PLEASE don't take the following rant as any kind of demeaning of your fine article.  I'm just ranting about people and their data.

To this day, I don't understand why people believe in the horror of transmitting or receiving data in JSON, XML, EDI, or any of several other formats.  It takes extra time to get the into and out of those formats. JSON and XML are both tag bloated. They're all in hierarchical format even when they don't need to be. AND, they're all text based.  CSV is a lot better but they way people have used it is also wrong because almost no one follows the real specs AND they also MUST BE text based for human readability because, lordy, if a human can't read it, how can a computer, right? (major face-palm, head-desk 3x).  And don't get me started on HTML and PDF.

The only good thing about the way we transmit data today is that it has driven technology to be much faster.  That's about it, though.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming. 😀

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Absolutely amazing job here, Arindam, thank you for putting this together and posting it!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply