Constitutional AI

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Constitutional AI

• Steve, you have more experience at dabbling with AI, then I do. I've got a ChatGPT account and have dabbled a bit with it, but there's a lot I cannot do at work, where I would test it as I deduce you've done. I think, but don't know for certain (because no one answers the questions as to why, when asked) that management doesn't want us using ChatGPT, GitHub Copilot, etc. Like many things on the Internet, it's blocked from our use. When I first joined my current employer almost every resource, such as Stack Overflow was blocked. It took me a couple years of arguing for the merit of being able to search for a solution to a technical problem or posting a question to upper management. The pandemic was great in that regard because I was working from home, so if I ran into something I couldn't look up using my work laptop, all I had to do was go to my personal desktop, ask the question there, then take the answer back to the laptop. Much faster than the 3 days it typically took (discover the problem, wait to get home to ask online, waste the next day waiting until I got home to read the answer, then take the answer back to work on the third day.) So, now ChatGPT, Bing with AI, GitHub Copilot are all inexplicably blocked.

To answer your question, I am not worried for the future. Yes, AI will remove a lot of jobs, but not all jobs. And I believe like any new technology it will create new jobs that didn't exist previously.

Rod

• To answer your question, I am not worried for the future. Yes, AI will remove a lot of jobs, but not all jobs. And I believe like any new technology it will create new jobs that didn't exist previously.[/quote]

I agree with this.  One of the skills I have honed over the years is not a new programming language, but instead deciphering what management wants to accomplish.

I really don't see an AI being able to do this.

• After reading this, I had this vision of the very old "graphic" of a snake eating its own tail.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jeff Moden wrote:

After reading this, I had this vision of the very old "graphic" of a snake eating its own tail.

That's what I thought as well. Maybe it will be useful for tightly focused AIs. Who knows.

• carl.gregory wrote:

I agree with this.  One of the skills I have honed over the years is not a new programming language, but instead deciphering what management wants to accomplish.

I really don't see an AI being able to do this.

HAHAHAHA!

Rod

• As one who works constantly in content, I've found ChatGPT to be helpful and useful, specifically when I use it to help me start or finish projects.

For example, I might need to draft a blog post on "Topic A," but I've got some writer's block. So I'll go to ChatGPT and do a prompt like, "give me five facts about Topic A that would interest people."

Or, at the other end of a task, let's say I've got a good marketing email drafted but I'm having a hard time finishing it off with a compelling subject line. I'll go to ChatGPT and prompt "based on the following text, suggest some brief, humorous email subject lines."

Can't say I've ever used ChatGPT content verbatim, and quite often the best it can do is point me in the right direction. Sometimes that's all it takes.

Trying to figure out the world of SQL as marketing consultant for SQL Solutions Group https://sqlsolutionsgroup.com/

• That's interesting. I think I rarely have writer's block. Usually, I have the other issue with 20 things to do and time to write 5. When I try to prompt, I end up with responses that take so much editing, I wish I'd just written it myself.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply