Celebration

• Brad M. McGehee (1/29/2009)

Can any of you math majors calculate what the number of members SSC could potentially have if the site continues to grow at the current rate for the next 5, 10 and 20 years from now? 😉

Good job Steve!

No mathematical calculation, just a guess

5 years --> 2-3 million users

10 years --> 6-7 million users

20 years --> 15-20 million users

i am wondering, if we'll have 20 million users, how much knowledge we all be sharing at this single place. Steve you may need to think couple of times how you'll manage this mamoth knowledge sharing place for sql server professionals. 😛

• Congratulations!

This site deserves the million members. I always come here as my first port of call when I cannot think of a solution to a problem I'm having, and to increase my SQL knowledge.

Thanks Adonia

• anam (1/29/2009)

Brad M. McGehee (1/29/2009)

Can any of you math majors calculate what the number of members SSC could potentially have if the site continues to grow at the current rate for the next 5, 10 and 20 years from now? 😉

Good job Steve!

i am wondering, if we'll have 20 million users, how much knowledge we all be sharing at this single place. Steve you may need to think couple of times how you'll manage this mamoth knowledge sharing place for sql server professionals. 😛

Heh... nope... all wrong... there will be 200 users and 15-20 million abusers. 😛

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jeff Moden (1/29/2009)

anam (1/29/2009)

Brad M. McGehee (1/29/2009)

Good job Steve!

Heh... nope... all wrong... there will be 200 users and 15-20 million abusers. 😛

Hmmm, so Cardinal Moden, a realist you are.

• Lynn Pettis (1/29/2009)

Hmmm, so Cardinal Moden, a realist you are.

Heh... nope... I saw that in the pork chop bones on my dinner plate. 😛

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Hi.

Congratulations!

I was thinking about how was the look of the site in the beginning.

I found at http://web.archive.org.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.sqlservercentral.com

It's good to see the evolution.

Congratulations again.:)

Regards.

Fernando Ponte
    factdata.com.br

• Wow, brings back memories to go look at the v1 site. Very cool and thanks for the link!

• Steve Jones - Editor (1/30/2009)

Wow, brings back memories to go look at the v1 site. Very cool and thanks for the link!

I used it to look at old versions of my site. Memories? Shudder. The old pictures look as bad as the new ones. They are the same pictures. I'm older but still as ugly.

ATBCharles Kincaid

• Charles, I also looked at my old versions & my skill set included WordPerfect and Quattro Pro. I forgot what those are 🙂

• Thanks Bill.

I don't list COBOL, FORTRAN, 360 ASM, Hasp, Wylbur, Course Writer II, APL, Word Star, or Electric Pencil any more. And those are the ones I can remember at the moment. :w00t:

I remember the day my wife took me to her office so that I could look at a problem they were having with an IBM Display Writer machine. That was the hardware that became the PC.

ATBCharles Kincaid

• Charles not old is bad. I still fantasy on COBOL. It was the most structured language I have learnt. It taught be good programming. Think of Q Basic which we used to make musical files. They really bring back the nostalgic feelings...

• CONGRATULATIONS SQL Server Central and Steve

Thanks for a very nice site to use SQL Server without constraints and restrictions.

:Whistling:

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• I only started posting at SSC in 2005/2006 and must say that, after looking at the archives, this site is a great improvement. That is what life is about, changing with the times. If I look back at applications I created years ago then I can also see improvement.

Steve, Brian and Andy, thanks for a great site and congratulations on the 1 000 000 mark.:smooooth::cool:

:-PManie Verster
    Developer
    Johannesburg
    South Africa

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Holy Bible
    I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times. - Everett Mckinley Dirkson (Well, I am trying. - Manie Verster)

• Belated congrats, Steve. I've always heard the first million is the hardest... 😉

There is no "i" in team, but idiot has two.

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 73 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply