Bing vs Bard (Chatbot wars)

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Bing vs Bard (Chatbot wars)

• Heh... Bing, Bard, BOOM!  I've done some simple but non-basic tests on both and they've both failed miserably.  Either the provide the wrong answer that wouldn't even run, produced the wrong answer because of "Silent Failures" in output, or produced code that was performance challenged.

As for making tables, it takes longer to verify that Bing, Bard, or ChatGPT wrote the correct code (and it's almost always missing the "pro" nuances that we all know, like the 2 part naming convention).  That was also true of AI2SQL, which is supposedly written specifically for SQL.  It didn't provide a correct answer either and, even worse, it wrote the answer in some other flavor of SQL than T-SQL even though I told it to use SQL Server.

And, no... I've not tried ChatGPT 4 with the new "code module".  I'll let it mature for 6 months before I cough up the sawbucks to try it.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Am I going to have to automate at 20 rows for everything I do in AI?

412-977-3526 call/text

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply