Bing Chatbot vs ChatGPT

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item Bing Chatbot vs ChatGPT

• Getting summaries of list of information is a hit or miss endeavor.

I asked for a tabular list of podcast episodes, and the AI would just stop at 20 episodes, even though the podcast has hundreds.

I was able to geocode about 170 locations about 40 at a time

412-977-3526 call/text

• I once asked ChatGPT how much iron can be refined from 1 ton of iron ore.

ChatGPT replied that 1.6 tons of iron could be refined from 1 ton of ore.

Is the iron refining industry aware of this astounding efficiency?

• When reading your article, the first thing that stood out to me was your instructions that said, "Open the Microsoft Edge web browser." I thought to myself, "Why does it have to be the Edge browser?" So I tried something different, and sure enough, Bing Chat wasn't available when using Firefox.

So I then did open the Microsoft Edge browser and proceeded to as Bing Chat why I couldn't use another browser and this was the reply:

bingChat1

Clearly an incorrect response. I then proceeded with:

bingChat2

Hoping to include this screen shot:

bingChatFirefox

My point being, I don't think I will waste my time with any of this. I have seen some demos where people ask ChatGPT to write an entire program or function, and then they rave about how good and quick it was, but it's not like the person actually tested it and used it after the fact. So I really don't know how much better or different it is from just doing a regular Internet search. I'm not interested in chatting, I'm interested in getting correct answers/information. And my simple, one test today, just showed that's not the case.

• All that hype and it still produces incorrect answers to simple SQL questions that won't even execute.  And, it's method of posting (in one case) 30 different links to things it found absolutely sucks.  It's much easier to scroll through Google, DuckDuckGo, or Yahoo.

It's not "Intelligence" of any kind.  It's a simple bullshit grinder based on the mistakes that have been posted on the internet.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Jeff Moden wrote:

All that hype and it still produces incorrect answers to simple SQL questions that won't even execute.  And, it's method of posting (in one case) 30 different links to things it found absolutely sucks.  It's much easier to scroll through Google, DuckDuckGo, or Yahoo.

It's not "Intelligence" of any kind.  It's a simple bullshit grinder based on the mistakes that have been posted on the internet.

You will get better at prompts like you got better at search 20 years ago.

412-977-3526 call/text

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply