Better Backups

• Good question Steve.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Good question. Made me look up BOL as I had never thought to use Resource Governor that way.

• Tks Steve - good question

• I am glad I don't get a chance to look at the QOD until late in the day. That way everyone else has proofread the question and answer choices!

😛

• I desagree with every one because Resource Governor is available only on the Enterprise, Developer, and Evaluation editions of SQL Server.

The question was 'on your SQL Server 2008 R2 databases.' which would mean by default the "standard" edition so the answer with "Resource Gvernor" cannot be a good answer 😛

• KWymore (1/23/2012)

Good question. Made me look up BOL as I had never thought to use Resource Governor that way.

BWAA-HAAA!!! The only "Resource Governor" that I use is denial of ad hoc privs in production. 😀

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Didn't realize you could select two answers.

• tilew-948340 (1/23/2012)

I desagree with every one because Resource Governor is available only on the Enterprise, Developer, and Evaluation editions of SQL Server.

The question was 'on your SQL Server 2008 R2 databases.' which would mean by default the "standard" edition so the answer with "Resource Gvernor" cannot be a good answer 😛

Default being the "standard" edition. Where Oh Where is that stated ?

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Ron

Please help us, help you -before posting a question please read[/url]
    Before posting a performance problem please read[/url]

• Thanks a lot! My points are back! 😎

• Great question, thanks.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Good question. I knew the answer but checked the wrong box. Do I get 1/2 a point?

http://brittcluff.blogspot.com/

• A informative question. Thx

Thanks
    Vinay Kumar
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Keep Learning - Keep Growing !!!

• bitbucket-25253 (1/23/2012)

tilew-948340 (1/23/2012)

I desagree with every one because Resource Governor is available only on the Enterprise, Developer, and Evaluation editions of SQL Server.

Default being the "standard" edition. Where Oh Where is that stated ?

Well... "Standard" means "standard" isn't it? 😀

• It would cost nothing to change the question to add the edition would not it?

Steve, could you please change the question for "on your SQL Server Enterprise 2008 R2 databases" (or something like that)

Thanks (and thanks for the question, still learning, so it was a good question)

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply