Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Eirikur Eiriksson (7/1/2015)

Brandie Tarvin (7/1/2015)

Eirikur Eiriksson (6/30/2015)

Brandie Tarvin (6/30/2015)

SIGH.

It's a purple kind of day. With a little hint of beige.

Colour wise I suggest then a glass of Limoncello

😎

I had my first taste of Limoncello a few months ago. It was homemade by the family-owned Italian restaurant in town. WOW. Apparently the owner makes all kinds of liquor for appertifs (I know I'm not spelling that right, but you know what I mean). He made a chocolate marshmallow one too. Very interesting stuff.

Limoncello is like pasta, has to be home made to be "real";-) So what did you think of it, that is yellow being the opposite of purple:-D

😎

Well... I'm not much of a drinker because I don't like the taste of alcohol. Despite that, I was able to sip my way through the shot glass of it and found it quite pleasant. Not something I'd go for on a regular basis, but something I could definitely sip at on rare occasions.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Today is the kind of day (and it's only been an hour and a half since I got to work) that you clock watch...

OTOH, got plenty to look forward to this weekend...

Going to the movies tonight (Lets see if Arnies' still got it in Terminator:Genysis)

Tomorrow, doing some painting around the house (gotta love a new house with matte white walls...)

Saturday, heading out to the park for the day, just gonna relax and chill

Sunday, going out to the rifle range to punch holes in paper (maybe I'll scribble "TPS Report" on them first)

So, if you're in the US, got anything interesting planned this weekend? If you're not in the US, anything fun going on?

• jasona.work (7/2/2015)

If you're not in the US, anything fun going on?

Regular working day tomorrow, trying to catch up on writing and some presentations over the weekend, maybe some Skyrim too.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • BL0B_EATER (7/2/2015)

ChrisM@Work (7/2/2015)

BL0B_EATER (7/2/2015)

Yesterday was ridiculous in the UK - 34C.. and in an office with no A/C.

That's not so good. Neither were the delays on the train network - it took an hour longer than usual to get home to Reading from Leamington last night.

The upside is the pure awesomeness of a cold beer in a warm garden.

I decided to pop into M&S and pick up some burgers for the evening BBQ. Due to the train issues I was stranded for 2 hours and got home to a bag of melted meats.... yeah..

Ugh...Pedigree Chum

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• My wife's away all weekend so it's going to be bad food, guitars out in the living room and Lord of the Rings to watch. I'll need to find some way to compensate for her being away of course.

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    β€”Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

• Eirikur Eiriksson (7/2/2015)

BL0B_EATER (7/2/2015)

Didn't measure the temperature in the Central Line tube yesterday but I've been in Saunas which were cooler

😎

I was on the tube briefly on Monday morning and was expecting it to be hot and stinky. Well it was hot but not too stinky. But that was Monday. Today it won't be quite as fragrant. It never ceases to amaze me...nah let's not go there.

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Koen Verbeeck (7/2/2015)

BL0B_EATER (7/2/2015)

Yesterday it was about 35C, and I was working from home with no A/C.

Sounds good to me... were you in the garden sipping on a cool beverage too? I know I would've.

😎

At some point in time, yes. Then it became too hot πŸ™‚

The garden or the beverage?

• BWFC (7/2/2015)

My wife's away all weekend so it's going to be bad food, guitars out in the living room and Lord of the Rings to watch. I'll need to find some way to compensate for her being away of course.

Sounds to me like you engineered your wife being away for the weekend. Enjoy!

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• BWFC (7/2/2015)

My wife's away all weekend so it's going to be bad food, guitars out in the living room and Lord of the Rings to watch. I'll need to find some way to compensate for her being away of course.

Candi and Brandi, the blonde twin sisters?

:hehe:

• ChrisM@Work (7/2/2015)

Koen Verbeeck (7/2/2015)

BL0B_EATER (7/2/2015)

Sounds good to me... were you in the garden sipping on a cool beverage too? I know I would've.

😎

The garden. Beverages don't last long enough to warm up.

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• Koen Verbeeck (7/2/2015)

ChrisM@Work (7/2/2015)

Koen Verbeeck (7/2/2015)

BL0B_EATER (7/2/2015)

😎

The garden. Beverages don't last long enough to warm up.

πŸ™‚

• jasona.work (7/2/2015)

Today is the kind of day (and it's only been an hour and a half since I got to work) that you clock watch...

Going to the movies tonight (Lets see if Arnies' still got it in Terminator:Genysis)

Tomorrow, doing some painting around the house (gotta love a new house with matte white walls...)

Sunday, going out to the rifle range to punch holes in paper (maybe I'll scribble "TPS Report" on them first)

So, if you're in the US, got anything interesting planned this weekend? If you're not in the US, anything fun going on?

River.

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• ChrisM@Work (7/2/2015)

Eirikur Eiriksson (7/2/2015)

BL0B_EATER (7/2/2015)

Didn't measure the temperature in the Central Line tube yesterday but I've been in Saunas which were cooler

😎

I was on the tube briefly on Monday morning and was expecting it to be hot and stinky. Well it was hot but not too stinky. But that was Monday. Today it won't be quite as fragrant. It never ceases to amaze me...nah let's not go there.

Makes me glad that I suffer from hay fever to block out all those "fragrant" smells..

• jasona.work (7/2/2015)

Today is the kind of day (and it's only been an hour and a half since I got to work) that you clock watch...

I was thinking of going to the range myself some time this weekend. What range to you go to?

• jasona.work (7/2/2015)

BWFC (7/2/2015)

Candi and Brandi, the blonde twin sisters?

:hehe:

Shh!!! Nobody's supposed to know about that πŸ˜€

On two occasions I have been asked, "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" ... I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
    β€”Charles Babbage, Passages from the Life of a Philosopher

How to post a question to get the most help http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Best+Practices/61537

Viewing 15 posts - 49,231 through 49,245 (of 66,549 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply