Are the posted questions getting worse?

• OCTom (1/21/2015)

Sioban Krzywicki (1/21/2015)

Hi everyone,

I have a bit of an announcement and a question.

I'm Transgender. I've come out as a woman in nearly every aspect of my life now and am at my first day of work as a woman. I hope everyone here is ok with it too, I've come to like you all quite a bit.

The question is if I can get my name changed on the articles I've written here. : -)

I see how to change my name on my account and I'll go do that here in a minute. I'm just not sure it'll cascade to everything else.

Anyway, hi! I'm Sioban. Sioban Jeanne Krzywicki. If you want the full name (that it'll be as soon as I finish all the legal paperwork, probably a month or so of filing papers) it is Sioban Jeanne Ayla Kara Krzywicki.

Bonus points to anyone who knows where the third and fourth names come from.

Were you Stephan before?

Like others have already said, it doesn't matter to me. I have pictures in my head of what people look like on here. That is scary! I envision Jeff Moden carrying a machete looking for RBAR. When he sees RBAR he cuts it out with his machete yelling "RBAR, be GONE!!".

Anyway good luck with your change.

Tom

Stefan, yes. : -)

Thanks!

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• OCTom (1/21/2015)

Hi everyone,

I'm Transgender. I've come out as a woman in nearly every aspect of my life now and am at my first day of work as a woman. I hope everyone here is ok with it too, I've come to like you all quite a bit.

The question is if I can get my name changed on the articles I've written here. : -)

I see how to change my name on my account and I'll go do that here in a minute. I'm just not sure it'll cascade to everything else.

Anyway, hi! I'm Sioban. Sioban Jeanne Krzywicki. If you want the full name (that it'll be as soon as I finish all the legal paperwork, probably a month or so of filing papers) it is Sioban Jeanne Ayla Kara Krzywicki.

I envision Jeff Moden carrying a machete looking for RBAR. When he sees RBAR he cuts it out with his machete yelling "RBAR, be GONE!!".

I've never seen him carry a machete before, but the proverbial pork-chop launcher is not out of the question. 😉

• Sioban Krzywicki (1/21/2015)

Hi everyone,

Best of luck!

😎

• Eirikur Eiriksson (1/21/2015)

Hi everyone,

Best of luck!

😎

Thanks!

When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.

• Steve,

The name change worked great except in the description of me first two articles. Can I edit those? Change his to her as well?

• Jeff Moden (1/21/2015)

I hope everyone here is ok with it too...

To be honest, I don't care if someone's eyes are on stems and they leave snail tracks. Your contributions to this community, your abilities to solve problems, and the nature of how you do such things are all that matter, ol' friend. Long live Sioban!

100% agreement and really well said.

Nice to meet you (virtually) Sioban.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey (1/21/2015)

Jeff Moden (1/21/2015)

To be honest, I don't care if someone's eyes are on stems and they leave snail tracks. Your contributions to this community, your abilities to solve problems, and the nature of how you do such things are all that matter, ol' friend. Long live Sioban!

100% agreement and really well said.

Nice to meet you (virtually) Sioban.

Thanks Grant!

• Brandie Tarvin (1/21/2015)

HeaddeskHeaddeskHeaddesk.

Can I scream yet?

I just got the "white paper" for a new project. 46 freaking pages of "time to integrate the systems". Which isn't bad. I support the project 100%.

But the DAMN TYPOS are killing me!!!!

Someone make the pain stop!

Quick suggestion, run couple of copies of the white paper through the shredder then place it in a strong cotton bag or pillow cover directly on your forehead's impact point on your desk, done this few times and it works wonders!

😎

• Sioban Krzywicki (1/21/2015)

Is that Kára (the Valkyrie) or Kara (the Jungle Princess) or Kara (Supergirl) or Kara (Battlestar Galactica) or something else altogether?

Ayla mother of Durc or Ayla lightning lass or something else?

Good luck with the change - and congrats on getting to the point where you switch gender at work.

Tom

• Brandie Tarvin (1/21/2015)

Congrats, Sioban. I think this is extraordinarily brave of you. I look forward to learning how to pronounce your new name.

I guess it's an American (or something) spelling of the Irish name Siobhán, so I would pronounce it [??v?:n] (dunno if my IPA will be clear in your browser, though) but a lot of Irish people have w instead of v in words like that and some have a: instead of ?:. Maybe the best thing would be for Sioban to provide a sound file, because (a) a lot of people don't understand IPA (b) however she pronounces it is right, if anyone else thinks it's different they are wrong and (c) trying to show pronunciation using some scheme based on English is a fool's game.

Tom

• So....

What's the superhero costume of choice here? SQL Bits is a month+ away, with the theme of superheroes for the Friday night party.

Need to get ordering something to take with me.

• TomThomson (1/21/2015)

Is that Kára (the Valkyrie) or Kara (the Jungle Princess) or Kara (Supergirl) or Kara (Battlestar Galactica) or something else altogether?

Ayla mother of Durc or Ayla lightning lass or something else?

Good luck with the change - and congrats on getting to the point where you switch gender at work.

Kara Supergirl/Power Girl

Ayla Lightning Lass

Nice!

And thanks!

• TomThomson (1/21/2015)

Brandie Tarvin (1/21/2015)

Congrats, Sioban. I think this is extraordinarily brave of you. I look forward to learning how to pronounce your new name.

I guess it's an American (or something) spelling of the Irish name Siobhán, so I would pronounce it [??v?:n] (dunno if my IPA will be clear in your browser, though) but a lot of Irish people have w instead of v in words like that and some have a: instead of ?:. Maybe the best thing would be for Sioban to provide a sound file, because (a) a lot of people don't understand IPA (b) however she pronounces it is right, if anyone else thinks it's different they are wrong and (c) trying to show pronunciation using some scheme based on English is a fool's game.

It is how my mom spelled it. It is what she would have named me. I'm told it is just an alternate spelling, not necessarily American. Pronounced just like Siobhán

• SQLRNNR (1/21/2015)

Jeff Moden (1/21/2015)

+1

+2

Good luck with your change.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (1/21/2015)

So....

What's the superhero costume of choice here? SQL Bits is a month+ away, with the theme of superheroes for the Friday night party.

Need to get ordering something to take with me.

Steve, drawing a blank on Cowboy Super Heroes, there must be one that had a penchant for wearing Hawaiian shirts when not as the Super Hero ? 🙂

Rodders...

Viewing 15 posts - 47,056 through 47,070 (of 66,549 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply