Are the posted questions getting worse?

• L' Eomot Inversé (11/22/2011)

Ninja's_RGR'us (11/22/2011)

Change the avatar back, don't like that one as much 😉

OK, is this one better?

K - some of us are now lost because we missed the avatar changes.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Ninja's_RGR'us (11/22/2011)

SQLRNNR (11/22/2011)

Stefan Krzywicki (11/22/2011)

Koen Verbeeck (11/22/2011)

What do you guys think of this as a first house?

http://passerelle.centris.ca/Redirect2.aspx?CodeDest=I2V&NoMls=MT8619554&Source=

In Belgium, that would be a cheap house :blink:

It certainly looks nice. Not really my style and it could use some renovation and garden work, but what a view! I wish I had a view like that, and my house costs 3 times more. (bleuh, stupid house market over here)

edit: had to brush up my French.

Looks great from the outside. Here in the Boston area, that much money would get you a parking space.

Here we think paying for parking is wrong and that 5$ / day is insanely high :-D.

I agree - $5 is high.

How are we coming on those 300 posts / day?

I think we need more pants jokes.

Did someone say pants?

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

I like your signature by the way. One of those universal truths 😀

Need an answer? No, you need a question
    My blog at https://sqlkover.com.
    MCSE Business Intelligence - Microsoft Data Platform MVP

• SQLRNNR (11/22/2011)

L' Eomot Inversé (11/22/2011)

Change the avatar back, don't like that one as much 😉

OK, is this one better?

K - some of us are now lost because we missed the avatar changes.

How's that my problem??? 😀

Now that look at it, I like it... or you changed it somehow :hehe:.

• SQLRNNR (11/22/2011)

What do you guys think of this as a first house?

http://passerelle.centris.ca/Redirect2.aspx?CodeDest=I2V&NoMls=MT8619554&Source=

In Belgium, that would be a cheap house :blink:

It certainly looks nice. Not really my style and it could use some renovation and garden work, but what a view! I wish I had a view like that, and my house costs 3 times more. (bleuh, stupid house market over here)

edit: had to brush up my French.

Looks great from the outside. Here in the Boston area, that much money would get you a parking space.

Here we think paying for parking is wrong and that 5$ / day is insanely high :-D.

It is funny, parking at work is $150 a month. Commuter rail is around the same, but work pays for my parking, but won't pay for public transportation so I drive. If it were the other way around or equal, I'd probably take the train. As it is I just got a new Prius and get to enjoy traffic every morning.

Seriously? That is lame. Overall better for the employee to let them ride the rail (more relaxed, less stress, less pollution).

Dunno about your public transit, but I've yet to be more relaxed and less stressed having to work on someone else's timetable, taking longer to commute, being crammed into a vehicle like a sardine and wondering when my pocket would be picked.

Nah, I'll pass on public transit when I have a choice until they do it *right*... which is insanely expensive and utterly silly to try to do.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Koen Verbeeck (11/22/2011)

Pourquoi contredire une femme ? Il est tellement plus simple d'attendre qu'elle change d'avis!

Which like most universal truths... I don't understand. To the cloud!

Google Translate

Why contradict a woman? There is so much easier to wait until she changes her mind!

Close enough.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

• SQLRNNR (11/22/2011)

SQLRNNR (11/22/2011)

Evil Kraig F (11/21/2011)

Tom: Christie Brinkley? I've seen that pose somewhere on one of the 80's models, but well, it's a bit common and tiny. Hard to determine a few details there... 😉

No, she's a decade older than Christie Brinkley.

Francoise Hardy

Correct!

By my reckoning, one of the 20th centuries best three French singers of non-classical music (the others were Georges Brassens and Edith Piaf). The first French pop singer to become internationally famous (neither Piaf nor Brassens sang pop) and my favorite of all pop singers.

Two things helped me figure it out. The lyrics and google goggles. Not sure I have heard her music but the other two ring a bell. Gonna have to check out some of her stuff.

The lyrics - no, she never sang the song that had lines I had in my sig. Two other people did (I forget who), but not her (and I can only remember those lines because someone else sung a slightly changed version of them in yet another different song, which suggests that the oral tradition so prominent in folk music was going strong in French pop in the 60s). The nearest to those lyrics she got was when she sang Guy Bontempelli's "ma jeunesse fout le camp", which is a very different song (much less slang, for example); I guess the similarity of the first six words in those lines and the first five in the opening of each verse of the Bontempelli song means google returns results for the well known one even when the words you search on are from the obscure one.

Tom

• Evil Kraig F (11/22/2011)

Pourquoi contredire une femme ? Il est tellement plus simple d'attendre qu'elle change d'avis!

Which like most universal truths... I don't understand. To the cloud!

Google Translate

Why contradict a woman? There is so much easier to wait until she changes her mind!

Close enough.

Woops, I meant to have two lines.

There, fixed.

Tom

Woops, I meant to have two lines.

There, fixed.

I love how well Google Translate does grammar...

Women is like the soup, do not let them cool.

At least you get the concepts though. I'll prolly get in trouble for this one but after having dated an Italian American woman in NY... Cold no, Cool... oh hell yes. Either that or you better have the reflexes of a cat if she's GOOD and pissed!

- Craig Farrell

• The other organizer of our SQLSaturday in Austin (#97) just compiled the speaker feedback evals. I came in 3rd overall! I'm pretty pleased since it was my first time presenting at a SQLSaturday.

http://sqlserverio.com/2011/11/22/sqlsaturday-97-speaker-recap/

Jim Murphy
    http://www.sqlwatchmen.com
    @SQLMurph

• Jim Murphy (11/22/2011)

The other organizer of our SQLSaturday in Austin (#97) just compiled the speaker feedback evals. I came in 3rd overall! I'm pretty pleased since it was my first time presenting at a SQLSaturday.

Well done!

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey (11/23/2011)

Jim Murphy (11/22/2011)

The other organizer of our SQLSaturday in Austin (#97) just compiled the speaker feedback evals. I came in 3rd overall! I'm pretty pleased since it was my first time presenting at a SQLSaturday.

Well done!

+1

I never overcame the jitters of speaking in front of a group.

Hope your feedback includes valuable comments for you to see.

• Jim Murphy (11/22/2011)

Well done.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (11/23/2011)

Jim Murphy (11/22/2011)

Well done.

Great Job Jim. There are some guys who can give presentations with ease. Looks like you are one of them. 🙂

-Roy

• You go, Jim!

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 15 posts - 32,131 through 32,145 (of 66,599 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply