Are the posted questions getting worse?

• mtillman-921105 (6/27/2011)

Is The Thread dying at the hands of Twitter?

I suspect that it is. R.I.P. The Thread... 🙁

No, when the Thread is quiet, it's time to worry. That's means Skynet is too busy planning something and soaking up all the resources...

-- Kit

• I have a twitter account. I have tweetdeck on all the time. But I rarely tweet. I get some nuggets out of there.

It is the same here in SSC. I have SSC forums on all the time. I look at the threads and learn from others. I rarely post. 🙂

-Roy

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (6/27/2011)

Varies quite a bit, suspect that people are just busy this week getting ready for your vacation.

Plus it's always quieter over a weekend.

Gail Shaw
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server, MVP, M.Sc (Comp Sci)
    SQL In The Wild: Discussions on DB performance with occasional diversions into recoverability

We walk in the dark places no others will enter
    We stand on the bridge and no one may pass
  • I've never tweeted, but I already have a follower somehow! Here's one of their delightful insights:

So my nose ring hole got reallly small cause i've been having a really skinny ring in so now i can't get any of my other ones in!

Cool, huh?

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking

I've never tweeted, but I already have a follower somehow! Here's one of their delightful insights:

So my nose ring hole got reallly small cause i've been having a really skinny ring in so now i can't get any of my other ones in!

Cool, huh?

Sounds like my kind of girl. Any chance for an introduction to your followers? They sound like a fun cult.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Craig Farrell (6/27/2011)

mtillman-921105 (6/27/2011)

I've never tweeted, but I already have a follower somehow! Here's one of their delightful insights:

Cool, huh?

Sounds like my kind of girl. Any chance for an introduction to your followers? They sound like a fun cult.

Ha! Well, sorry but I'm sure that she doesn't even know me, it must be a mistake. So this is getting awkward already, should I send her a note saying something? Nah, she'll probably figure it out.

The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge. - Stephen Hawking

Craig Farrell (6/27/2011)

mtillman-921105 (6/27/2011)

Cool, huh?

Ha! Well, sorry but I'm sure that she doesn't even know me, it must be a mistake. So this is getting awkward already, should I send her a note saying something? Nah, she'll probably figure it out.

Heh, seriously? Do a block on them and just ignore them. I've got a bunch of them. I think they auto-follow anyone that opens an account on Twitter.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

• Ok, blocked. I didn't know you could block a follower.

• the thread won't die whilst the no. of characters in a 'tweet' is limited.

Or so I believe. I have never 'tweeted' myself and feel silly just using the word.

Being able to block people on SSC would be a useful feature! 🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------------

• george sibbald (6/27/2011)

the thread won't die whilst the no. of characters in a 'tweet' is limited.

Or so I believe. I have never 'tweeted' myself and feel silly just using the word.

Being able to block people on SSC would be a useful feature! 🙂

Nevah! Noone would ever read anything I wrote then... :crying:

- Craig Farrell

Ok, blocked. I didn't know you could block a follower.

Ha! This reminds me of when I just opened my twitter account the week before SQLRally. I also didn't know how to shake off spammers.

I blogged about the experience and my day-by-day follower count here: http://sqlwatchmen.com/blogs/jim/index.php/2011/05/sql-rally-2011-awesome-event/

Jim Murphy
    http://www.sqlwatchmen.com
    @SQLMurph

• Yeah! 3000 points for me!

It's a small step for most of you, it's a great step for me.

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Gianluca Sartori (6/28/2011)

Yeah! 3000 points for me!

We tend to welcome every millennium :hehe:

Congratulations, Gianluca.

Thanks again for your contributions.

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution 😀

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

Congratulation. Well done. I will never hit 3K for sure. 🙂

-Roy

Well done. Thanks for all your work.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

Viewing 15 posts - 27,646 through 27,660 (of 66,602 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply