Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Lynn Pettis (6/4/2011)

Okay denizens of The Thread, I got a call yesterday evening from my oldest daughter that actually left me speechless.

I am going to be grandfather![/i]

Looks like I'll need to get my passport and save some money for a round trip ticket to Germany next year.

Congratulations!

--------------------------------------
    When you encounter a problem, if the solution isn't readily evident go back to the start and check your assumptions.
    --------------------------------------
    It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.
    What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?
    You ask a glass of water. -- Douglas Adams

• Lynn Pettis (6/4/2011)

Okay denizens of The Thread, I got a call yesterday evening from my oldest daughter that actually left me speechless.

Looks like I'll need to get my passport and save some money for a round trip ticket to Germany next year.

To throw my hat in, congratulations Lynn. Now, remember, spoil them horribly!

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

• Lynn Pettis (6/4/2011)

Congratulations Lynn!!

Wonderful news!

-- Gianluca Sartori

• WayneS (6/4/2011)

You'll enjoy it even more than being a father... you can spoil them, then hand them back to the parents!

Confirmed!

This is what my in-laws do with my 2 years old Giulia. πŸ˜›

-- Gianluca Sartori

• Lynn Pettis (6/4/2011)

Congratulations!!!!!

-Ki

• Lynn Pettis (6/4/2011)

Wonderful news ! Congratulations.

Finally you get to say "yes", in stead of the parental obligatory default "No" :w00t:

Johan

Learn to play, play to learn !

Dont drive faster than your guardian angel can fly ...
    but keeping both feet on the ground wont get you anywhere :w00t:

- How to post Performance Problems
    - How to post data/code to get the best help[/url]

- How to prevent a sore throat after hours of presenting ppt

press F1 for solution, press shift+F1 for urgent solution πŸ˜€

Need a bit of Powershell? How about this

Who am I ? Sometimes this is me but most of the time this is me

• Awesome! Congrats Lynn!

Seth Phelabaum

Consistency is only a virtue if you're not a screwup. πŸ˜‰

Links: How to Post Sample Data[/url] :: Running Totals[/url] :: Tally Table[/url] :: Cross Tabs/Pivots[/url] :: String Concatenation[/url]

• Congrats Lynn, That is great news... πŸ™‚

-Roy

• And I'll toss my own Congratulations into the stack to you, the mother and the rest of your family! Enjoy being a grandfather! πŸ˜€

-- Kit

• Lynn Pettis (6/5/2011)

Jeff Moden (6/5/2011)

Lynn Pettis (6/4/2011)

Congratulations all around. Congrats to Lynn for having a Grandchild...

congrats to his daughter for leaving him speechless. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜› πŸ˜‰ :hehe:

Seriously, congratulations to you and yours, Lynn.

I do have a question, though... What is your daughter doing in Germany? I hadn't heard about that. Is this the one in the military?

Yesn this is my oldest and in the Army. Her boyfriend got orders for Germany so they got married in February so she could go with him. They were also supposed to deploy to Afghanistan shortly after getting to Germany. I guess she won't be going there now.

Congratulations, Lynn & Daughter!

---------------------------------------------------------
    How best to post your question[/url]
    How to post performance problems[/url]
    Tally Table:What it is and how it replaces a loop[/url]

"stewsterl 80804 (10/16/2009)I guess when you stop and try to understand the solution provided you not only learn, but save yourself some headaches when you need to make any slight changes."

• Lynn Pettis (6/4/2011)

Congrats

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• Lynn Pettis (6/5/2011)

Jeff Moden (6/5/2011)

Lynn Pettis (6/4/2011)

I do have a question, though... What is your daughter doing in Germany? I hadn't heard about that. Is this the one in the military?

Yesn this is my oldest and in the Army. Her boyfriend got orders for Germany so they got married in February so she could go with him. They were also supposed to deploy to Afghanistan shortly after getting to Germany. I guess she won't be going there now.

Double bonus?

Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (6/6/2011)

Lynn Pettis (6/5/2011)

Jeff Moden (6/5/2011)

Lynn Pettis (6/4/2011)

Double bonus?

Seriously... one less thing to worry about, one thing to be joyful about. :w00t:

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

• WayneS (6/6/2011)

SQLRNNR (6/6/2011)

Lynn Pettis (6/5/2011)

Jeff Moden (6/5/2011)

Lynn Pettis (6/4/2011)

Double bonus?

Seriously... one less thing to worry about, one thing to be joyful about. :w00t:

Agreed - just making sure I'm not giving off anti-war undertones.

Learn Extended Events

• SQLRNNR (6/6/2011)

Agreed - just making sure I'm not giving off anti-war undertones.

You can be pro-war and still want to see the people you know safe. Double bonus.

- Craig Farrell

Never stop learning, even if it hurts. Ego bruises are practically mandatory as you learn unless you've never risked enough to make a mistake.

For better assistance in answering your questions[/url] | Forum Netiquette
    For index/tuning help, follow these directions.[/url] |Tally Tables[/url]

Twitter: @AnyWayDBA

Viewing 15 posts - 26,986 through 27,000 (of 66,603 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply