As I have been talking to DBAs around the country, I have noticed a trend that many, if not most, organizations are waiting to implement SQL Server 2008 to any significant degree. I was wondering what your opinion on this topic is?
If you have time, let me know your thoughts are on the following:
1) Have you put SQL Server 2008 into production yet? If so, what was your reasoning?
2) If you have not put SQL Server 2008 into production yet, why not?
So far, the feedback I have been getting is the following:
- We are waiting for SP1 before we implement SQL Server 2008
- We just haven't had time to implement it
- SQL Server 2008 Standard Edition doesn't have enough new features to justify upgrading
- We like some of the new features of SQL Server 2008, but the ones we like only are available in the Enterprise Edition, and we can't justify upgrading from Standard Edition to Enterprise Edition
- Our current application (in-house and third-party) don't support SQL Server 2008 yet
Let me know what you think, and why?
|Share this post :