I’ve grown up reading Tom Clancy and probably most of you have at least seen Red October, so this book caught my eye when browsing used books for a recent trip. It’s a fairly human look at what’s involved in sailing on a Trident missile submarine…
More than a year’s work went into the newest Inside Out book by Microsoft Press, I was happy to see it cross the finish last year and go into publication in February.
Here’s a link dump of all the things in and around the book:
- All our sample scripts are in a public Github repo.
- I wrote an article about my writing experience for the book, on LinkedIn.
- The author team and our tech editor did a fun survey towards the end of the edits.
- I’m giving a webinar through Sparkhound tomorrow, March 8, at 10AM CT on the “Business Case for SQL Server 2017“.
- Save 40% on SQL Server 2017 Administration Inside Out book or eBook with this cryptic, difficult-to-remember discount code: “SQL” until May 2018.
- or on Amazon or Kindle devices
- There’s an accompanying training video series produced by Pearson.
- William Assaf (me) (sqltact.com, @william_a_dba)
- Randolph West (bornsql.ca, @bornsql)
- Sven Aelterman (svenaelterman.wordpress.com, @svenaelterman)
- Mindy Curnutt (mindycurnutt.com, @sqlgirl)
- Louis Davidson (drsql.org, @drsql)