Recent versions of SQL Server Management Studio have unmapped Control+R as the toggle for the Results window in a typical query window. Each time I work on a new SSMS environment or refresh my laptop, I find myself seeking out how to restore this setting.
Here's how, including a picture below.
- In SSMS, go to Tools, Options.
- Under Environment, click on Keyboard.
- In the Show Commands containing box, you're looking for "Window.ShowResultsPane".
- Change the "Use new shortcut in" dropdown to "SQL Query Editor."
- Note: This step is important - mapping Ctrl+R to "Global" won't work.