new, second version of SQL Treeo productivity add-in was released.
For little reminder, here are main features of this add-in:
- Create custom folders in SSMS’s object explorer using drag&drop. It works for databases, stored procedures, functions, views and tables
- Ctrl+click on object will bring ALTER script
- Perform bulk operations in explorer-style management dialog – I did that because while I was refactoring and re-foldering more objects, drag&drop was not enough
Since last version I worked especially on supporting all version of SSMS, fixing major bugs and on adding few more features. From outside view it seemed I worked with snail speed because first version of my add-in was release 3 month ago. Truth is that I develop this add-in only in my spare time which is very rare and that’s main reason why I am so slow
Here is humble change log:
- SSMS 2005, 2005 Express, 2008, 2008 Express, 2008 R2, 2008 R2 Express and Denali versions are now supported – I didn’t do comprehensive testing of all versions but it “should” work.
- Add-in caused exceptions when used for some unsupported folders (e.g. maintenance plans). It should be ok now.
- Folder names are now case sensitive.
- When Offline databases were present, add-in failed badly. Fixed.
- Ctrl+Click didn’t work for triggers . Fixed.
- Add-in didn’t handle apostrophes in names very well. Fixed.
- “Collapse all folders” feature was added.
- Dragging object from object explorer to opened window didn’t result in pasting text as usual. Fixed.
- Support for non-English SSMS versions added.
- Slight performance improvement. But SQL Treeo add-in is still meant to be either for local databases or for quick networks.
SQL Treeo add-in is here for download.