“I am a new user of SQL Server so I have very limited knowledge of its features. I would like to know how to generate script with data of SQL Server 2016 database. As I have mentioned, I am unaware of this process. Can anyone help me by telling how to generate scripts from SQL Server data? Thanks.”
Are you looking for a way for script generation in SQL Server ? If yes, then continue reading this post to learn two solutions of this problem.
SQL Server is widely used around the world for managing database. It contains features that can generate scripts that can be used for creating databases, inserting data, making tables, functions, views, etc. For these reasons, many SQL users want to generate script with data in SQL Server 2017. Despite wanting to generate the script, many users fail to do that because of their lack of knowledge about the procedure.
Considering this situation and user demand, this write-up will discuss different ways of generating scripts in SQL Server data.
Read on to learn more about it.
How to Generate Script in SQL Server with Data
There are two different methods of generating script. One is called the manual method and another is named automatic method.
In this section, we will going to discuss two methods to generate SQL Server script. You can choose one according to your convenience.
Method 1: Manual Technique
Follow these steps to generate SQL scripts manually
- In order to perform this process, First open SQL Server database. Now, right-click on the Database. Select the options Task and then click Generate Scripts.
- An introductory screen will open and you need to click on the Next button to proceed further.
- Now, choose the database object that you need. Click on Next.
- On the next page, users will be asked to configure settings regarding how the script should get published. After choosing the settings, click on Advanced button on the same page.
- For the option ‘types of data to script’, choose ‘Schema and data’ from the drop-down menu. Then click OK>> Next.
- Click on Finish when it is done generating scripts. You can check the script file now and run it if needed.
Method 2: Automatic Technique
If user downgrade the SQL Server version and want to generate SQL script, the user will not be able to generate it due to the compatibility issue. For this users can try an automated solution to generate SQL Server script with data that is using SQL MDF Repair Tool. Using this application, users can easily generate scripts with data in SQL Server 2017, 2016, 2015 & all its below versions.
This software can also recover deleted data from SQL database and create scripts out of them. Even if some of your data is damaged, this tool can easily recover them and then make scripts. To generate SQL Server script with data with the help of this application, users have to perform the below steps:
- Download and launch the tool. Add the SQL database file for which you want to generate script.
- Once the file is loaded, you can preview all of its contents.
- Click on Export button from the menu options.
- Select “SQL Server Compatible Scripts” as the export as file type.
- Also choose the option “With Schema & Data” and then click on Save.
- The tool will generate script of selected SQL Server data.
If users need to generate script with data in SQL Server , they are landed on correct page. Here, we have discussed two solutions for generating SQL scripts . Users can pick any one of them to generate SQL scripts.