With SQL Server 2016, Microsoft is installing SQL Server Telemetry or CEIP (Customer Experience Improvement Program) Services by default. It sends feature usage info back to Microsoft. You cannot skip the installation of these services. I find most of the DBAs even don’t aware that they have installed the service on their host. In case, you are wondering how to disable it. You can follow the below steps;
How to disable SQL Server Telemetry or CEIP Services?
Let’s follow the below steps to disable the Telemetry;
- Log on to the host where you have installed the SQL Server
- Go to Start > Programs > Select SQL Server 2016 Error and Usage Reporting
- Unselect “Send Windows Error and SQL Error Reports…”
- Unselect “Send Feature Usage Reports…”
- Click on the options, make sure all components are unselected
- Click OK
The post Disable or Turn-off SQL Server Telemetry Service appeared first on .