In this post I'll show you how to create new users in your Azure Active Directory so you can use them as service accounts or to grant other users to login to your Servers or services as well as how to enable them so you can use it, I didn't know that and the documentation was not as explicit as you would love, however I consolidate both tasks here.
- Go to Azure Active Directory
- In the "Name" field type in the give name of the user
- Type the fully qualified name email@example.com
- Configure the Profile details
- It won't let you change the details so you can leave it that way
- Configure the Groups it will have access to
- Select the role it will have in the active directory the options are (Regular user, Global Admin, Limited Admin)
- Password: Make sure to copy the password as you are not able to retrieve it later this is auto generated and you are not able to change it, and the user is configure to change it at the first logon.
- Before clicking create, your window will have to look like this
Alright, you have your account created, however it wont work until you synchronize the password, or in other words, until you enable your user by logging in to the active directory, however, how can you do that? This is something hard to find out there in the web, even when the steps are simple, reason why I'm including it with this post.
2. When asked for the logon user, use the one you just created
3. Type in the password you copy from the creation window, then it will route you to this other page where it asks you to configure a new password, type in the new password.
And you are done, once that you have successfully updated the password it will route you to this screen meaning that you successfully create and activate the account. Now you are ready to use it to join your machines to the domain, configure it as service accounts, etc.
Hope this and the post from last week lets you get started and working with Azure.
Thanks for reading!