Corruption is one of the common scenarios nowadays. It can occur in any platform or file format, for that matter. Similarly, Android SQLite database can be corrupted due to various reasons. Therefore, in this blog, we will introduce a best to for the recovery of damaged Android SQLite database. Before that, let learn some crucial details about Android SQLite database.
Android save the data via SQLite database engine and it is a stand-alone transactional engine, which allows users to access and manage database. It does not need any dedicated server process. Many application, as well as platforms beyond mobile OS Android, use SQLite. Dissimilar to desktop-based databases, it (SQLite) removes the features, which are not essentially useful and as an outcome attains minute footprint. DB systems use static typing; on the other hand, SQLite prefers the manifest typing. It drives the data information responsibility to compute languages such as Java. This maps database structure to the high-end types.
Reasons to use Android
One of the major reasons behind this is that SQLite is reliable. Most of the plans codes are dependent on library testing. Moreover, the library has such a structure that it has the ability to handle the failures of the system like disk errors, power failure, or low storage memory. Some more grounds due to which Android utilizes SQLite:
- Need No setup and Installation: SQLite does not need any administration, as it is an independent platform. Moreover, it requires no administrator for managing data.
- Use Data in Other Platforms: The database, which is generated in SQLite is in the stable format as well as with backward capability. Therefore, it can used on the older version too.
- Creation of Dedicated Database File: It produces a single database for the complete entry & information storage when uses on the platform or on an application.
- Static Typing vs. Manifest Typing: SQLite database is not the property of column storing value, unlike SQL database, but of the value itself. Therefore, any of the value can be saved in the random column regardless of the declared type of column.
SQLite has various benefits but is prone to corruption as well. Let us, how to resolve the damage from unhealthy Android SQLite database.
How to Fix Corrupt SQLite Database
There are many utilities available in the online market to accomplish this task. This is all because of the immense increase in technology. However, we cannot trust any random software. Moreover, if users made the wrong choice they may have to face negative consequence of the same.
SQLite Recovery tool helps them out in such conditions. It is an advanced application and allows users to repair and recover the SQLite database without any difficulty. After the recovery, users can even export the files into various three different file formats, which includes SQLite, MS Access, or even any other database keeping the entire data safe and secure. It supports numerous DSN such as SQL database & Microsoft Access. You just have to follow these steps as stated below:
- To begin the process, head to Start >> All Programs >> Sqlite Database Recovery
- Now, click Browse followed by a hit on Open
- The scanning will begin, click on OK after its completion
- After this, all the details of SQLite database, which you picked up, will display. You need to click on the Close button after viewing it
- Then, click Export for exporting database into a healthy content.
- Select one file format, from the options. Your data will be migrated into that file and then click on OK
- Provide the data type mapping and to confirm it, click OK
- After this, pick the destination path for saving SQLite database. Then, hit on OK
- In the next step, hit on OK when you see the complete details of the exported file
- Now, close report & exit. After you do this, go to “Other Database” radio button to migrate database in other format & continue
- Pick any of the file formats from the options, and then click on OK button
- Once it is done, select type of SQLite data and map it to all other data types. Hit on OK to continue
- A report will be generated after the progress bar goes to 100 percent, this indicates the completion of the process. You need to click on Close after this.
- Again click on the button of OK for confirming completion of the procedure
- In the final step, exit the application, by click on Yes button.
Wrapping It Up
There are various reasons behind the Android using SQLite. However, it can be damaged anytime. Therefore, in the above blog, we have learned a method to repair Android SQLite Database after it gets corrupted. Many professionals have successfully used this method and recovered their data.