I’ve grown up reading Tom Clancy and probably most of you have at least seen Red October, so this book caught my eye when browsing used books for a recent trip. It’s a fairly human look at what’s involved in sailing on a Trident missile submarine…
I haven’t done a #meme15 blog assignment in a while and figured I would pop one off as the weekend starts. This month’s topic comes to me from Kevin Conan (Blog | @ConanTheCDN). The idea of these posts is to give bloggers something in common to write about that relates to their career, and likely to have an twinge of social networking included.
Before getting to the full assignment, let’s go over the details of this writing idea. There are a few guidelines:
- Answer the question(s) with as much or as little detail as you wish. Try to stay true to the heart of the question, but answering where it connects to you.
- Watch for the new assignment about 8th, or the Monday after the 8th if it falls on a weekend.
- Post your answer on the 15th, or the Monday after the 15th if it falls on a weekend.
- Include the #meme15 logo your post (courtesy of Matt Velic (Blog | @mvelic))
- Comment on the assignment blog post, which seems more reliable, or trackback to it.
For my part, I’ll provide a round up of those that have participated in the assignment about a week after it has come out.
#Meme15 Assignment #6
Kevin wrote to me: “Lots of people complain about their job and always think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. But in most cases, it’s the same everywhere you go. So by taking a couple minute to think about a few positive things about we are at, we’ll find that we do have it pretty good already.” I agree with Kevin’s sentiment, so this month’s question is:
- What are 5 (or 10) reasons why you like your job?
Other SQL Community Memes
If you aren’t already participating, there are already a few going on in the community #TSQLTuesday, #MemeMonday, and Un-SQL Friday. Watch for those for opportunities to blog without having to come up with your own topic. Beyond having a easy topic choice, they also provide a window for more people to see what you have to say.
Follow me on Twitter at StrateSQL.
Original article: August #Meme15 Assignment
©2012 Strate SQL. All Rights Reserved.